IDN: Batik Air ID7157 (Economy)

CGK-SIN (1h 45m)
Airbus 320
ETD: 6.30pm (GMT + 7) 
ETA: 9.15pm (GMT + 8)

I used to fly with Lion Air, an Indonesian budget airline, once in a while whenever I could find good deals until it was caught with too many issues. However, I'd always wanted to give Batik Air a try, an airline by the same company that markets itself as providing full service. 


Allow yourself a lot of time to get to Soekarno-Hatta International Airport. My BFF and I were expecting a traffic jam, and true enough, it took us two hours to get to the airport from Yello Hotel Harmoni.



I know I haven't come up with a separate post on the airport, but I guess I shall wait till I've got a full experience of Terminal 3. By the time we'd checked-in at Terminal 2, we had about 15 minutes till the boarding time printed on the ticket, which was 5.45pm.


Following which, we went straight to Gate E6.


According to my estimation, the flight that evening was about 75% occupied.

Boarding commenced only at 6.15pm in the end, starting with Business Class passengers and those with special needs and young children.


Wider seat pitch than that of Lion Air for sure!


That's Lion Air's logo on the screen.
Off we went after the safety demonstration video had been shown.


Any input on ANA's Boeing 787?

The In-Flight Entertainment (IFE) was responsive. The user interface is available in five languages: English, Indonesia, Chinese, Japanese and Korean.



That's somewhere in Thailand, if I'm not mistaken. It looks so posh!
Time for snacks! Looking at a few YouTube videos out there, I believe Batik Air used to serve a hot meal in the Jakarta-Singapore route. I guess that's no longer the case nowadays.



Read here to find out more about my dinner. I didn't eat anything else till I went to bed at night as I wasn't that hungry.


I genuinely had to use the lavatory during the flight.


I honestly didn't expect to see artificial flowers there.

After the seat belt sign had been switched on again, the IFE couldn't be used anymore, except for filling in a survey regarding the flight. Ironically, it asked how long did I wait to retrieve my luggage when I was still airborne.



The cabin lights were dimmed in preparation for landing.


Was it going to be a smooth landing?

The landing was pretty rough, but certainly not the worst I've ever experienced. Well, to answer that question posed in the survey, we only waited for less than 10 minutes at the baggage reclaim area before we spotted our belongings.



Recently, I've had the chance to fly the same route in the Business Class cabin. Do look forward to the post in the near future!

Comments

Popular Posts

CAN: Toronto Downtown

CAN: Super 8 by Wyndham Niagara Falls

TWN: Tze-Chiang Limited Express (Puyuma) 218