SIN: Underwater World Singapore {CLOSED}

80 Siloso Road, Sentosa Island, Singapore
Daily: 10.00am - 7.00pm

The very first post in this blog is dedicated to Underwater World Singapore, an oceanarium located on Sentosa Island that first opened its doors to the public on 13 May 1991. After 25 years, it's finally going to close for good, with the last day of operation being this coming Sunday, 26 June 2016. Knowing that it'd be very crowded, I didn't bring Pikachu and Melon along, but I did bring Honeydew with me.


As expected, there was a snaking queue for the tickets. However, it took me only about 15 minutes to be able to get one and step my feet into the oceanarium. The ticket price has gone back to the original: S$9.00 per adult and S$5.00 per child, partly because the star animals - pink dolphins, fur seals and otters - have found a new home at Chimelong Ocean Kingdom in Zhuhai, China.




As I entered the oceanarium, I was greeted by a huge cylindrical tank full of small fishes.

Hi, Dory! :)
My exploration began by descending the spiral steps that eventually led me to a corridor showcasing local students' work, mostly featuring climate change and environmental conservation. Let's play our part to save Mother Earth!



Do enjoy the pictures below, although I have to admit that the quality of each isn't top-notch. Pardon me.









Hi, Nemo! :)
If only I could place Melon there and take a picture of her. Haha...


Playing hide-and-seek! ^^


I finally got into the tunnel with its travellator for convenience.











Why so grumpy?
Lounging like nobody's business~
After going two rounds inside the tunnel, I walked up the stairs to explore the rest of the venue.




They remind me of a particular kind of monster in Silent Hill 4: The Room.

*smooch*



Can you spot the decorator crabs?
Finally, let's enter the 'Living Fossils' section!






Woah, so arched! :O
Opposite this pink-coloured wall is the dolphin lagoon, which entrance has been barricaded. I don't have any pictures of the pink dolphins myself. Sigh...


Thank you for the memories, Underwater World Singapore. You'll certainly be missed.


Past its heyday, yea?
Instead of taking the free shuttle bus, I decided to walk back to VivoCity, which is the largest shopping mall in Singapore. As it was a sweltering hot afternoon, I succumbed to the temptation of coconut ice cream from Co+Nut+ink along the way. 




Premium coconut ice cream with fruits and nuts.
Well, that was a fun-filled day that ended on a high note after watching Finding Dory at Golden Village VivoCity :)

Comments

Popular Posts

CAN: Toronto Downtown

CAN: Super 8 by Wyndham Niagara Falls

TWN: Tze-Chiang Limited Express (Puyuma) 218