SIN: Singapore Airlines SQ912 (Economy)

SIN-MNL (3h 40m)
Boeing 777-200
ETD: 12.15pm (GMT + 8) 
ETA: 3.55pm (GMT + 8)

The recent trip that I've just completed began with a somewhat nondescript flight from Singapore to Manila, the Philippines with Singapore Airlines. The flight to Manila was the first out of the three flights under my booking with Gulf Air, thanks to the partnership.


My BFF and I reached Changi Airport Terminal 2 at around 10.00am. We went for the self-service check-in and bag drop for convenience.



After wandering about the transit area for less than an hour, we went to Gate E5 where our Boeing 777-200 was parked at.


It was a full flight.

Boarding soon commenced after we passed the security screening process.


Deck the halls with boughs of holly~


Has anyone been to Canada recently?

Once everyone had been seated, the flight attendants started distributing hot towels. The safety video was played soon after.


I thought I'd be watching the latest safety video showing the various places in Singapore.
It was time for take-off. Anyway, seated next to me was a European lady who slept through almost the entire duration of the flight.


I thought I'd be getting a drink and a packet of mixed nuts after the seat belt sign had been switched off, but I was wrong. The old school KrisWorld, Singapore Airlines' In-Flight Entertainment (IFE), was working fine. It wasn't laggy at all, contrary to what I'd been expecting.


If you're a fan of Doraemon, you can probably make a guess which episode I was watching.
Hint: old television, washing machine, etc.
There was no menu booklet handed out. Both main courses offered were delectable, accompanied by quinoa salad. There was sea salt caramel ice cream at the end of the meal, which was yummy.

Main course #1: Sweet and Sour Fish with Pasta
Main course #2: Stir-Fried Chicken with Fried Rice

I genuinely needed to use the lavatory, so off I went.

The mouthwash that day tasted kinda funny...

How OCD are you? xD

For the rest of the flight, I made use of the IFE to look at the interactive route map and watch a Japanese food show until the plane landed smoothly at Ninoy Aquino International Airport.


フカヒレ丼: a luxurious bowl of rice topped with shark fin priced at ¥5,400 (~S$64.05)!

Who would've thought I'd be in Manila for the second time in a year?


Most of the passengers were behind us as we walked very fast.

I saw a dent on my luggage when I retrieved it. As such, I went to the pop-up counter near the belt to get a compensation. As with another person who was also claiming for a damage on his luggage, I was given two options: taking PHP 1,500.00 (~S$40.35) on the spot or getting my luggage sent back to Singapore for the relevant personnel to assess the damage. Obviously, the former was the only viable choice as I'd be leaving for Bahrain the following day. I was thankful that the claim process was pretty fast and hassle-free. Anyway, I managed to pretty much undo the dent with my muscle power when I reached Kabayan Hotel, which is what I'm going to write next. Stay tuned!

Comments

Popular Posts

CAN: Toronto Downtown

CAN: Super 8 by Wyndham Niagara Falls

TWN: Tze-Chiang Limited Express (Puyuma) 218