PHI: Kabayan Hotel

347 Epifanio de los Santos Avenue, Manila, the Philippines

For the one-day stopover in Manila, I'd wanted to book a room at The Mabuhay Manor where I stayed at last June, but somehow the rate wasn't very favourable for the date. Not far from it is Kabayan Hotel (3*), which is also very close to EDSA railway station, with a total of 276 guest rooms.


My BFF and I took a cab from the airport to the hotel. I guess the hotel was pretty much occupied that day, mostly by locals from many different parts of the country perhaps.



As it wasn't easy at all for me to take a picture of the hotel building, I shall present you a picture of the model next to the check-in counter. I also spotted two computers at the lobby area for guests' usage.



We were assigned to a room on the fourth floor.



The hotel has got many different types of rooms to suit everyone's budget and preference, including capsule beds. I booked the Pad Twin room, which is 10.15 square metres big with attached bathroom.

I've told my BFF on the cab that I'd want to sleep upstairs. :P

Be careful! Don't knock your head when leaving the desk. I got hit twice. :(
The bathroom is as small as expected, but most importantly, it passed my inspection for cleanliness. I wasn't thinking of getting a beauty bath anyway.



BTW, I found a prayer request form on the desk. I wanted to write something on it, but didn't manage to in the end. "Your prayer requests will be forwarded to the Prayer Warrior Team of this property who'll be praying on your behalf" is written at the bottom of it.


Before going to SM Mall of Asia, I checked out the pantry. I didn't know there'd be ironing facilities inside.


Similar to The Mabuhay Manor, the hotel provides a free shuttle service to and from SM Mall of Asia, where I dropped by Tapa King for dinner. The van departs from the hotel at 10.00am, 3.00pm and 8.00pm, and from the shopping mall fountain near Starbucks at 10.25am, 3.25pm and 8.25pm daily.



Sighhh... Christmas is over... :/
Breakfast is served at Pinoy Star Café daily from 4.00am to 10.00am. Read here to find out what we had.



I don't think there's tea served.
For your information, the hotel charges PHP 400.00 (~S$10.75) for a one-way transfer to the airport, which we made use of the following day. It also provides a one-way transfer to SM Mall of Asia for PHP 250.00 (~S$6.70) should you miss the free shuttle service.

Comments

Popular Posts

CAN: Toronto Downtown

CAN: Super 8 by Wyndham Niagara Falls

TWN: Tze-Chiang Limited Express (Puyuma) 218