TRY: SkyTeam Lounge @ Istanbul Ataturk Airport

Near Gate 224, Istanbul Ataturk Airport, Istanbul, Turkey
Daily: 24 hours

Before I take a month of break from updating this blog as I'll fly off to more exciting destinations starting from tomorrow, I shall do a quick post on the small, yet tranquil SkyTeam Lounge at Istanbul Ataturk Airport. That's the very first lounge without its own toilets that I've ever been to thus far.


Of the three major airline alliances - Star Alliance, SkyTeam and Oneworld - which logo do you like best?


SkyTeam was founded in 22 June 2000 by four member airlines: AM, AF, DL and KE.

The most interesting feature of the lounge is the so-called living wall that brings a touch of nature to the interior.


It's said that there are more than 60 plant species that make up the living wall.

VAIO laptops are available for use.

A delay of four hours to Tashkent! Anyway, Uzbekistan is certainly in my bucket list. 
There are two smaller rooms within the lounge: TV room and quiet zone.


Sleeping soundly~
The buffet spread wasn't particularly exciting.


Seemingly untouched!

It'd be great if Turkish coffee were offered.

Read here to find out what I had.
Frankly speaking, I didn't believe that the lounge wouldn't have any toilets attached until I saw the sign.


When I'm back, I'll write about my virgin experience with Saudia. Stay tuned! :)

Comments

Popular Posts

CAN: Toronto Downtown

TWN: Tze-Chiang Limited Express (Puyuma) 218

CAN: Super 8 by Wyndham Niagara Falls