FJI: Garden of the Sleeping Giant

Wailoko Road, Nadi, Fiji
Mon-Sat: 9.00am - 5.00pm
Sun: 9.00am - 12 noon

After a refreshing dip at Sabeto Hot Springs and Mud Pool, my BFF and I were driven to the Garden of the Sleeping Giant. Founded by the late actor Raymond Burr in 1977, the tranquil garden boasts more than 2000 varieties of orchids. At the point of writing, the entrance fee is FJD 18.00 (~S$11.90) per person.


While I do enjoy looking at flowers in general, I can hardly tell their names. Hence, please forgive me for not including the names of the flowers shown in the pictures to come. Let's go!


I was ready to explore the 20-hectare plantation!
Thorns and... Oh, no roses... :P




Monster flowers? xD
We continued walking down the path that cuts through the tropical rainforest at the base of Mount Sleeping Giant. Even though the sun was shining brightly, the morning breeze was pretty cooling. 





It was then time for Pikachu and Melon to pose. Each of them certainly didn't want to stay inside the backpack for too long.



Can you spot the bee?

The idea of writing a travel blog actually sprung up after taking a picture of Melon as shown above. 








Look at the those roots! :O



Yggdrasil? :P






We stumbled upon a gazebo with a hammock. To be searingly honest, that was the first time I actually lay on one. 


Ahhhhhh, so nice~

Ninjas? xP
Somehow, I could picture a wedding scene there.

After having lots of fun exploring the area for an hour or so, we decided to call it a morning as we headed back to the main entrance. I noticed the following species only then and not when I first entered.

I love aloe vera drink; just saying...



Wow, what a gorgeous-looking pineapple!
As we took a quick rest under the shelter, we were treated to a glass of ice-cold passion fruit drink.



Now I understand why the garden is described as one of the best kept horticultural secrets in the entire South Pacific region.

Comments

Popular Posts

CAN: Toronto Downtown

TWN: Tze-Chiang Limited Express (Puyuma) 218

CAN: Super 8 by Wyndham Niagara Falls