SIN: Singapore Airlines SQ866 (Business)

SIN-HKG (4h)
Boeing 777-300ER
ETD: 1.05pm (GMT + 8) 
ETA: 5.05pm (GMT + 8)

While I aim to try flying with as many airlines as possible in the world, I've always been a loyal customer of Singapore Airlines. I was so excited to soak myself in the atmosphere of the new Business Class cabin. 


Before that, let's do a bit of backtracking. As you'd have probably known, Singapore Airlines has dedicated check-in counters for Business and First Class passengers at Changi Airport T2 and T3.



Pokémon @ Changi is no more, but I'm glad I've got some pictures for keepsake. The jumbo Pikachu was still wearing a Santa hat that time.


Pikachu, Pichu and I! :D

After leaving the SilverKris Lounge, we went straight to the gate for immediate boarding.

Has anyone flown with Thai Lion Air before?


12D was the seat of my choice for the flight. Each of the new 28-inch Business Class seat is handcrafted from Scottish leather.


I'm always a casual traveller who won't purposely wear formal stuff when flying in style.


The solution to our first-world problem~


Melon took the chance to see her reflection. :P

The seat can easily transform into a 78-inch fully-flat bed, which I didn't make use of for such a short-haul flight.


No amenity kits were given out, but slippers and socks were available on each seat.


Just a random thought: I suppose they'd give smaller-sized ones for ladies?

FYI, no macarons onboard. Haha...
One of the flight attendants greeted me cheerfully as she offered me a welcome drink. I wasn't in the mood for champagne, so I asked for the usual orange juice. Hot towel was handed out prior to the playing of the safety video. After that, the same personnel asked me what I'd like to have for after take-off drink and main course.



Soon after take-off, I received my well-concocted Singapore Sling, along with a small packet of almonds and cashews.


Who doesn't love the sight of Christmas wreaths adorning the cabin?

It was time for lunch. I shall upload all the pictures of the food that made its way into my stomach, but I've left the details in my food blog that's just a click away.


Main course #1: Smoked Cod Fish
Main course #2: Grilled Beef Fillet with Madeira Sauce
Main course #3: Classic Lobster Thermidor (Book the Cook)


After everything had been cleared, I made a quick trip to the lavatory.



Save for the mouthwash, the rest were Miller Harris'~

The rest of the time was spent exploring the In-Flight Entertainment (IFE), KrisWorld, on the 18-inch LCD screen with a noise-cancelling headphone from Phitek. 

Catching Ice Age: Continental Drift that I didn't get to see at the cinema~

I miss all those luscious crabs in Hokkaido, Japan!
A long lost childhood game: Pipe Dream! :)

Prior to landing, I received a Fox's mint from the flight attendant to freshen myself up. We made a smooth landing at Hong Kong International Airport on time.



Thanks so much for the warm hospitality, as always!
Honestly, I've lost count how many times have I been in Hong Kong. Words cannot describe how much I love the 'Fragrant Harbour'.



In less than a day, or even half a day, we would be flying off from Hong Kong to somewhere else.

Comments

Popular Posts

TWN: Tze-Chiang Limited Express (Puyuma) 218

CAN: Toronto Downtown

CAN: Super 8 by Wyndham Niagara Falls