KEN: Kenya Airways KQ420 & KQ411 (Economy)

[KQ420]
NBO-EBB (1h 20m)
Boeing 737-800
ETD: 8.30am (GMT + 3) 
ETA: 9.50am (GMT + 3)

Following the flight onboard Kenya Airways KQ513 from Mali, Bamako to Nairobi, Kenya, my BFF and I were headed to Entebbe, Uganda with an older Boeing 737-800 deployed for KQ420. For flight KQ411 in the opposite direction, we had a chance to fly with one of Kenya Airways' Embraer 190.


We were supposed to depart from Jomo Kenyatta International Airport at 8.30am, but the flight was delayed. Although the reason wasn't mentioned, I suspected it might be due to the rather heavy rain.



We boarded the aircraft at 8.45am.

I remember seeing only one passenger seated in the Business Class cabin.

There's no personal IFE (In-Flight Entertainment) in the older aircraft.

The safety demonstration video was shown via the overhead TV screens.


I definitely want to spend at least a week in Kenya one day.



I had croissant and a cup of coffee for breakfast. Read the short review in my food blog by clicking here.


We landed safely at Entebbe International Airport, which is the principal international airport of Uganda.



We waited for about 5 minutes for the luggage to appear on the belt.


[KQ411]
EBB-NBO (1h 10m)
Embraer 190
ETD: 9.00am (GMT + 3) 
ETA: 10.10am (GMT + 3)

I'll definitely come up with a post on Entebbe International Airport another day. For now, let's take a look at the flight from Entebbe to Nairobi. It was raining heavily again in the morning, but unlike in Nairobi where we were transported by bus to board the aircraft, all of us had to go by foot to reach the aircraft from the terminal building. I was too lazy to take out my umbrella, so I dashed all the way to the Embraer 190.


RwandAir is the flag carrier of Rwanda.

We passed through the tiny Business Class cabin, which turned out to be unoccupied for the short flight.


I'm not sure how old is that aircraft, but personal IFE is available at each seat. However, it wasn't turned on throughout the flight.

Seating configuration: 2-2 in both the Business and Economy Class cabins


Giving way...

Little did I know that the flight attendants would be distributing wet wipes to all passengers.


The safety demonstration was done manually.


We finally took off at 9.30am.



To try something different, I opted for a muffin for breakfast. I had a cup of orange juice to go with it.


In a blink of an eye, we'd descended towards Nairobi's international airport.



Stay tuned for posts on the places we visited in Uganda!

Comments

Popular Posts

TWN: Tze-Chiang Limited Express (Puyuma) 218

CAN: Super 8 by Wyndham Niagara Falls

CAN: Niagara Falls