UGA: Hotel Ruch Kampala

3 Kintu Road, Kampala, Uganda

Hotels in the capital city of Uganda are not exactly cheap. After a thorough searching process through various hotel booking websites, my BFF and I settled on Hotel Ruch Kampala (3*) that's centrally located. We were also pleasantly surprised at the hospitality rendered by the hotel.


Prior to arriving in Uganda, we'd booked two-way airport transfer with the hotel for US$60.00 (~S$81.25). Upon walking out of the baggage reclaim area of Entebbe International Airport, I immediately spotted our driver who were carrying a sign bearing my name. 

That's how an official airport taxi looks like.

With due respect to Mali, I felt the stark difference between the two indeed.

As the hotel isn't located along a main road, it has got quite a peaceful ambience.


I took photos of the lobby area in the evening after coming back from dinner.



There's a small bar, though I didn't see a bartender at all throughout my stay. 
We were assigned to a room on the third floor. We had to climb the stairs with our luggage as there's no elevator.



Without realising it, I actually reserved a room without air-conditioning. It wasn't a problem to us though.



Two bottles of mineral water are supplied each day for double occupancy rooms.
I recall the water pressure of the shower being really weak.



Look at the vibrant colours of Ugandan Shilling notes.


Click here to find out more about the cooked-to-order breakfast. There's also a small buffet line set up every morning.


Unless there's nothing else to eat, I don't usually have cornflakes for breakfast at a hotel.

What's your favourite item for breakfast?
From the bottom of my heart, I really thank the friendly and gregarious staff of the hotel, especially the front desk lady. All of you've made my short stay at the hotel truly enjoyable.

Comments

Popular Posts

TWN: Tze-Chiang Limited Express (Puyuma) 218

CAN: Super 8 by Wyndham Niagara Falls

CAN: Niagara Falls