KEN: Kenya Airways KQ513 (Economy)

BKO-NBO (7h 10m)
Boeing 737-800
ETD: 7.45pm (GMT) 
ETA: 5.55pm (GMT + 3)

In all honesty, during the planning stage, I had a very hard time deciding where to go next from Mali. I was considering Mauritania, Kenya and Uganda, but eventually decided on Uganda as I could secure a relatively cheaper non-direct flight ticket with Kenya Airways, given how expensive airfares are to and from Mali in general.


My BFF and I boarded Kenya Airways' Boeing 737-800 aircraft after the sun went down.



In contrast to Ethiopian Airlines' Boeing 787-8 that we flew with on ET909, Kenya Airways' Boeing 737-800 that'd bring us to Nairobi, Kenya is much more well-maintained despite both of them being less than five years old.



Lion pawprints?


Msafiri is the Swahili word for 'traveller'.

Since it wasn't Boeing 787-8, we didn't get to see the new animated safety demonstration video featuring a lion onboard.


I doubt I'll have the opportunity to visit Mali again, but from the bottom of my heart, I thank you for the experience.


Once the seat belt sign had been turned off, the cabin crew distributed headphones, followed by wet wipes.



Following that, I started watching White Fang, a Netflix original animation movie based on a novel by Jack London.



I paused the movie to enjoy my dinner, which review you might've seen in my food blog.


Dinner main course #1: Indonesian Fried Rice with Chicken
Dinner main course #2: Braised Fish Fillet with Mashed Potatoes
Once I'd finished watching the movie, I tried to catch some sleep. When I woke up, it took me by surprise that we'd be landing about 50 minutes ahead of schedule.


In preparation for landing, the cabin lights were dimmed.



Thank you for the enjoyable ride!
We had more than three hours of transit at Jomo Kenyatta International Airport in Nairobi. 

Comments

Popular Posts

TWN: Tze-Chiang Limited Express (Puyuma) 218

CAN: Super 8 by Wyndham Niagara Falls

CAN: Niagara Falls