TWN: EVA Air BR272 (Economy)

MNL-TPE (2h 15m)
Boeing 777-300ER
ETD: 12.40pm (GMT + 8) 
ETA: 2.55pm (GMT + 8)

After we got bored with the new, but uninspiring Terminal 1 of Ninoy Aquino International Airport, it was finally time for my BFF and I to fly to our last holiday destination for our mid-year trip: Taipei, Taiwan. That was my virgin experience with EVA Air.


We went to Gate 7 where EVA Air's Boeing 777-300ER was parked.

I don't recall seeing a monitor in front of the gate to show the flight number and destination.


Refuelling done!
Just like the little boy in front of me, I couldn't wait to board the aircraft.


I like the seat pattern.


EVA Air is a member of Star Alliance and a 5 Star Airline rated by Skytrax.
The boarding process took quite long as the aircraft was filled to its capacity.


What a brightly coloured air sickness bag!

I had to specifically request for the Taiwanese arrival card as the flight attendant skipped me.
Do I look Taiwanese? :P
Again, just like an impatient kid, I keep asking in my heart, "Can we depart now?"

The airline has been using the animated safety video for at least five years.

Bye, Manila! I wonder when we'll see each other again.

I haven't written about the in-flight meal on my food blog as I'm going to lump it together with that onboard the flight from Taipei to Singapore. Anyway, we weren't offered any choices, but what we got was sufficient for lunch.


Main course: Stir-Fried Beef with Fried Rice
After my meal tray had been cleared, I made a quick visit to the lavatory.


The lavatory was stocked with products by Escents, a Canadian company.


EVA Air's In-Flight Entertainment (IFE) is called Star Gallery.


Good user interface and very responsive! :)

Have you been to Kaohsiung before?
It was soon time for landing.


I'm not going to Hong Kong this year after doing so annually for the past four years, but at least I went to Taiwan to satisfy the Chinese in me.

Ohhh, Gudetama!
It felt good to be able to land my feet on Taiwan again after four years.


You'll see this immediately after passing through the immigration control area.

Commuting to and from the city centre has become easier now with the Taoyuan Airport Mass Rapid Transit, which first began its commercial service on 2 March 2017.

It costs NT$160.00 (~S$7.20) for a one-way trip from the airport to Taipei Main Station.


Stay tuned to find out how we spent our last 6D5N before returning home.

Comments

Popular Posts

CAN: Toronto Downtown

CAN: Super 8 by Wyndham Niagara Falls

TWN: Tze-Chiang Limited Express (Puyuma) 218