SKR: Cheonjiyeon Waterfall

Namseongjung-ro, Cheonji-dong, Seogwipo, Jeju Island, South Korea
Daily: sunrise - 10.00pm

After such a cuteness overload at the Teddy Bear Museum, my BFF and I decided to find our way to Cheonjiyeon Waterfall by foot. Considered as one of the top three waterfalls of Jeju Island, it's 22 m high and 12 m deep. That was such a bold move, but given that we've always enjoyed trekking, why not?


The entrance fee is ₩2,000 (~S$2.45) per adult and ₩1,000 (~S$1.25) per child. I took the picture shown below on our way to the waterfall when the sky was still bluish in colour.


By the time we arrived at the vicinity of the waterfall, it had already turned so dark.

Road to nowhere?


You can expect to see interesting things along the way to the waterfall, although I have to say that I can't read Korean at all.



A statue of a lady on her way to collect water?
Pretty cool when snapped in the dark, eh?


Literally translated as 'sky connected with land', the illuminated Cheonjiyeon Waterfall at night appears to have fallen from heaven. I can vividly recall that we were feeling so hungry upon reaching the waterfall.



Did I manage to visit the three famous waterfalls? You'll know the answer pretty soon.

Comments

Popular Posts

CAN: Toronto Downtown

TWN: Tze-Chiang Limited Express (Puyuma) 218

CAN: Super 8 by Wyndham Niagara Falls