SKR: Jungmun Resort

Saekdal-dong, Seogwipo, Jeju Island, South Korea

Jungmun Resort is a multi-tourism area of Jeju Island established in 1978. Its attractions and facilities blend in harmoniously with the beautiful surrounding nature. The cover picture of this post shows me hugging a dol hareubang carved from porous basalt, which is said to be offering both protection and fertility.


Looking at the map, it's no surprise that Jungmun Resort is the largest resort in the country.



My BFF and I first spotted the International Convention Centre Jeju that was opened in 2003. 


We saw many interesting landmarks, one of which is a stone tablet that says, "Here, children who wish for Korea, Japan and China's peace, prosperity and friendship are developing their dreams."

Thanks to my student, Andrew Kim, for the translation!


Pikachu and Melon wanted to be protected by the god too!


Too bad Singapore isn't listed there.
Remember the blue flowers I mentioned in my earlier post on Seogwipo City?

How lovely~ <3


We then stumbled upon a trekking path, which we gladly took.


Stairway to heaven? :P

I wonder what that red and blue ribbon symbolises?

Quite a breathtaking view, don't you think?

Toilets?

After a long, peaceful walk, we arrived at a more lively area with lots of shops.



That building seems like it comes out straight from a wonderland.
I didn't have the chance to go inside the Ripley's Believe It or Not! Museum.
I'm going to write about a few of the attraction sites within the resort in separate posts.

Comments

Popular Posts

CAN: Toronto Downtown

CAN: Super 8 by Wyndham Niagara Falls

TWN: Tze-Chiang Limited Express (Puyuma) 218