SKR: Teddy Bear Museum

2889 Saekdal-dong, Seogwipo, Jeju Island, South Korea
Daily: 9.00am - 7.00pm or 8.00pm (summer)

Boasting a huge collection of stuffed bears from many different parts of the world, the Teddy Bear Museum in Jeju Island is a fun place for adults and children alike. As I went through the exhibits, I took a lot of pictures while smiling along the way.


The museum ₩10,000 (~S$12.30) per adult, ₩9,000 (~S$11.05) per teen and ₩8,000 (~S$9.85) per child.


Why did they look unhappy? :(
Here's the fun part: try to guess the fictional and non-fictional characters shown in the pictures below. I'm not going to spoil anything for you. :P
















Apart from the above, there were other interesting things that I took pictures of. 






My most favourite exhibit!


Predictions for 2040!
Let's move on to the art gallery.




For the uninitiated, teddy bears are named after Theodore Roosevelt. In 1902, he went on a hunting trip in Mississippi, the USA. Knowing that Roosevelt hadn't spotted any bears for three days, the hunt guides tracked down an old black bear, clubbed and tied it to a willow tree for him to shoot. Upon looking at the bear, Roosevelt refused to shoot it, although he ordered it to be put down to end its misery. Subsequently, words regarding his sportsmanship spread throughout the country.


Again, have fun guessing some of the following artwork. 






18 years and above only! xD

There are more things to see beyond the art gallery.

I love Winnie the Pooh! :)
I love Paddington Bear and Care Bears too! <3

Would you pay US$193,477 (~S$265,795.80) for that LV bear?



Pikachu and Melon? They would surely come out of the bag to take pictures, of course.

What a handsome vegetable seller~ :P
Pikachu attended a Korean wedding party.


Melon tried to live in a Korean village.
I couldn't stop laughing when I saw the fashion runway. I suppose I wasn't expecting such an exhibit at all.











The simplest fashion of all! :P
Here's the last section of the interior of the museum.


I wanna hug the big panda~

Do go outside to see more cuteness.


What was I doing?
Posing with uncle bear!



Melon joined the birthday party~




Apparently there's a small section showcasing teddy's friends in the wild.



I shall end this post with the following picture, which I'm sure will bring smile to your face.

What are you doing, Mr Bear?
I won't believe it if you didn't smile at all after looking through the pictures above. Haha... :P

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

CAN: Toronto Downtown

CAN: Super 8 by Wyndham Niagara Falls

TWN: Tze-Chiang Limited Express (Puyuma) 218