SKR: Yeongsil Trail @ Hallasan National Park

Jeju Island, South Korea
Hours vary by season 
(http://www.hallasan.go.kr/english/content.php?page=020104)

Perhaps the most iconic natural feature of Jeju Island, Hallasan is surrounded by 368 parasitic volcanoes called oreum around the main mountain. This highest mountain in South Korea is also known as Mt. Yeongjusan (lit. mountain high enough to pull the galaxy). As the number of pictures I took during the day trek is stunning, I've decided to split them into two posts.


My BFF and I started off our journey by taking a bus ride from Jeju Intercity Bus Terminal, which took us around 50 minutes to reach the bus stop closest to the Yeongsil Trail. We had to walk 2.5 km uphill to reach the entrance of the trail, which is 1,280 m above sea level.

Alright, time to warm up before the actual trekking!

Beware of snakes!
The pre-trek didn't feel too long as we were treated to the melodious chirping of the birds and the cooling breeze caressing our backs. Soon enough we reached the entrance of the Yeongsil Trail, where there were lots of cars.


Quite a unique carving, eh?


I can only adore that monument without understanding anything written there...
Let the 6.1 km trek begin!

I wouldn't want to miss the chance to take a picture at the entrance of the trail. :P


I'm gonna learn Korean next time, so that I can understand~ xD
I'll let most of the pictures do the talking from this point onward. 

The first distance post: 3-1!



Hello, Butterfree! :P


Hello, little one! Where to?



We've vertically climbed 120 m from the start of the trail!

Can you see the Buddha's 500 Disciples?
Those are the Folding Screen Rocks, I'm sure!






That's not natural, right?


When I was there, somehow I was reminded of the Chocolate Hills in the Philippines~



They look like some prehistoric plants, no?
 



Here comes the second half of the trail.







Friendly youngsters who greeted me when I saw them~

Lovely! <3


No more steep hikes!
I didn't manage to spot any that day though...






That must be the rest area!



We reached Witse Oreum safe and sound! :)
Do look forward to the next post on Witse Oreum and Eorimok Trail!

Comments

Popular Posts

CAN: Toronto Downtown

TWN: Tze-Chiang Limited Express (Puyuma) 218

CAN: Super 8 by Wyndham Niagara Falls