FIN: Hotel Anna

Annankatu 1, Helsinki, Finland

Located in a relatively less busy part of the capital city near St. John's Church, Hotel Anna (3*) has got a total of 64 guest rooms. It has been serving guests from far and wide since 1985, although the history of the building dates back to 1925 when it was first used as a church.


From Helsinki Central Station, my BFF and I took about 20 minutes to reach the hotel by foot.


Check-in was fast and hassle-free.


Feel free to take the city map.

All beverages, which are mostly coffee variants, are €1.00 (~S$1.55) each.
The elevator comes with an old style manual door.


I prefer longer dark hours.


We went up to the 6th floor.


Here's a glimpse of the view from the corridor and our assigned room.

There's no air-conditioner in the room, which is actually not needed anyway.

There are two small fans provided.

I found the fridge to not cold enough.

The bathroom is small, but what's important is that it's equipped with high pressure shower head.



The hotel provides 2-in-1 shower gel and shampoo.
Here's a photo of the transponder key.


Breakfast is served buffet style daily at the not-so-big dining area. Proceed to my food blog to find out what I had during my stay there.


I hardly touch cornflakes at a hotel breakfast buffet.


You can find a few varieties of Twinings tea.
At the point of writing, the last renovation of the hotel was conducted in 2010. I must say that the building is well-maintained.

Comments

Popular Posts

TWN: Tze-Chiang Limited Express (Puyuma) 218

CAN: Super 8 by Wyndham Niagara Falls

CAN: Niagara Falls