FIN: Mumin Kaffe

Liisankatu 21, Helsinki, Finland
Daily: 10.00am - 6.00pm

The Moomins are a family of hippopotamus-like creatures designed by a Swedish-speaking Finnish illustrator named Tove Jansson. Originally appearing in a series of comic strips and books, they've been made into TV series and films as well. As a fan, I made it a point to drop by one of the cafés in Helsinki.


Hard at work, little Moomintroll?

Prior to visiting the branch at Liisankatu 21, little did I know that it's the original branch. There was only one other customer when my BFF and I entered the café, but there were more people coming  in afterwards.



Such lovely drawings!
We checked out the various merchandise on sale while waiting for our food.



Honestly, I'd love to get more than one of those enamel mugs.
There's a children playing area there.


There aren't that many soft toys though.

The café offers some light bites. Check out my food blog for the review.


Pikachu couldn't wait to dig in some dishes prepared by Moominmamma.

Moomintroll, Moominmamma and I!
Moominmamma is my most favourite character. A calm and collected figure, she's the perfect embodiment of unconditional love.


Before leaving, I noticed the presence of a guest book near the entrance. 



The café has been visited by quite a number of Japanese tourists.
I want to visit Moomin World the next time I go to Finland. It's located on the island of Kailo next to Naantali, an old town in the southwest region of the country.

Comments

Popular Posts

TWN: Tze-Chiang Limited Express (Puyuma) 218

CAN: Super 8 by Wyndham Niagara Falls

CAN: Niagara Falls