FIN: Kaivopuisto Park

Puistokatu, Helsinki, Finland

Situated at the tip of Helsinki peninsula, Kaivopuisto Park is said to be one of the oldest and most loved parks in central Finland. Especially popular in summer for sunbathing, the park offers a breathtaking view of the sea, along with winding paths and varied terrain.


The total area of the park is approximately 16 hectares.


My BFF and I reached the area at around 10.00pm after dinner, beginning our walk along the promenade. 


I believe the view would be even more awesome at twilight.


Mattolaituri is a popular seashore wine bar.
This particular seagull was complaining about the sign it was perching on.


I really enjoyed the peaceful atmosphere there, temporarily forgetting all my troubles. I need to remind myself to stop and smell the flowers every now and then. 


Did you know that a male swan is called a cob, while its female counterpart is called a pen?

It was fun watching the behaviours of flocks of birds and families of barnacle geese.

"A heart without dreams is like a bird without feathers." ~ Suzy Kassem

A happy family!

Take a look at the two short videos of the barnacle geese that I took.



There's a restaurant called Särkänlinna on the island of Särkkä that's not too far from Kaivopuisto, which can only be reached by a boat. It prides itself in offering a unique setting for summer weddings.



Let's explore the park, which has got lots of old towering trees.

Which path to take?


More barnacle geese along the way!


I'm not sure if I'd reached the highest elevation of the park, but that's the view that I got.

After enjoying the view thoroughly, we descended the small hill.



Bloom, little ones! Don't be shy!
We ended up in a playground that features a dragon.



I didn't get to see it, but there's a well-known restaurant and night club dating from the 1830s named Kaivohuone at the park.

Comments

Popular Posts

TWN: Tze-Chiang Limited Express (Puyuma) 218

CAN: Super 8 by Wyndham Niagara Falls

CAN: Niagara Falls