QAT: Qatar Airways QR957 (Economy)

CGK-DOH (9h 10m)
Boeing 787-8
ETD: 6.20pm (GMT + 7) 
ETA: 11.30pm (GMT + 3)

Welcome to the first post on my December 2018 trip, which saw my virgin experience with Qatar Airways, the flag carrier of the country my BFF and I were heading to. A 5 Star Airline as rated by Skytrax, it has been a member of the Oneworld alliance since late 2013.


Our journey began with an uneventful flight with Batik Air ID7154 from Singapore to Jakarta, Indonesia, which I'm not going to write on. Click here to find out about the snack service. As of last year, Qatar Airways was still operating at Terminal 2 of Soekarno-Hatta International Airport.


I believe all international flights will soon move to Terminal 3.

Qatar Airways' logo is an oryx, which is the national animal of the country.
We were supposed to depart at 6.20pm, but boarding only began at 6.30pm.


Love the maroon colour~

I had an aisle seat in the middle block.

On long-haul flights, each Economy Class passenger gets a simple amenity kit.

The flight attendants distributed wet wipes once everyone had been seated.



As they were doing so, a safety demonstration video was aired.


After take-off, menu booklets were distributed. 


Oryx One is the name of the airline's In-Flight Entertainment (IFE).


What movie should I indulge myself in?

For a start, I decided to take a look at Ridiculous Cakes from Food Network. After that, I watched Moana, which is Disney's 56th animated feature films.


Would you like to eat such a cake?

Ouch! Ouch! Ouch!
Let's have dinner! Read here for descriptions of the food and beverages.


Dinner main course #1: Braised Rosemary Beef with Mashed Potatoes
Dinner main course #2: Roasted Chicken with Black Pepper Sauce

The lavatory that I went to after the meal was spotless.



Till date, I'm not sure myself why such a shot is mandatory.
I tried to take a nap, but I couldn't. Besides resting my eyes, I played some games and checked the flight map from time to time.



I was still feeling rather full, but I finished my supper anyway.

Supper main course #1: Grilled Fish Fillet with Creamy Mustard Sauce
Dinner main course #2: Chicken Curry with Steamed Jasmine Rice
After avoiding United Arab Emirates' airspace, we landed in Qatar safely.



Most people were transiting at Hamad International Airport to fly elsewhere. There were only a few people clearing the immigration.



Qatar Airways is the first Gulf carrier to join one of the three major airline alliances in the world.

Comments

Popular Posts

TWN: Tze-Chiang Limited Express (Puyuma) 218

CAN: Super 8 by Wyndham Niagara Falls

CAN: Toronto Downtown