FIN: Finnair AY131 (Economy)

HEL-SIN (11h 35m)
Airbus 350-900
ETD: 11.55pm (GMT + 3) 
ETA: 4.30pm (GMT + 8)

It was time to fly back to Singapore with Finnair in the Economy Class cabin. My BFF and I'd originally wanted to experience its Business Class service when flying out of Helsinki, Finland, but we only managed to win the bid upgrade for AY132 from Singapore to Helsinki at the beginning of our journey.


Gate 55 is all the way at the end of the corridor.


There were more Asians than Westerners taking the flight that evening.

Boarding began at 11.30pm.


We were seated somewhere towards the rear of the cabin.


There was no daily menu booklet to show the complimentary menu available onboard.
On the other hand, Finnair Sky Bistro menu booklet displays food and drinks available for purchase.

A welcome video was shown as passengers were boarding the aircraft.



I like Finnair's timeline feature.
After that, a safety demonstration video was shown before we departed.

The subtitle says, "The seat belt must be fastened during take-off and landing."

We took off from the runway at 00.23pm.

The first thing that I did with the In-Flight Entertainment (IFE) was to watch an animation movie titled 'Early Man', which was directed by Nick Park, the creator of 'Wallace and Gromit'.


Supper was served about an hour into the flight. By the time the flight attendants reached the rear cabin, they'd run out of the chicken main course. Read here to find out more about the food and beverage service.


Supper main course: Beef Lasagna

I visited the lavatory twice throughout the flight.


On both occasions, the lavatory was pretty clean.

I watched a Japanese food show that introduces a particular restaurant in the Land of the Rising Sun that whips up overflowing ikura don (lit. salmon roe rice).


Say "Sutoppu!" (lit. stop) when you think you've got enough salmon roe.
I was surprised that I managed to catch about 5 hours of uninterrupted sleep. I guess I was just too tired from the trip. Anyway, I spent some time playing with FlightPath3D, as well as seeing the sky outside via the external cameras.



Feeling thirsty? You can always go to galley to get some juice and mineral water. For the popular bilberry juice, however, you need to ask one of the flight attendants. I guess they usually keep those boxes away to ensure there's enough for everyone during the meal services.


When asking for bilberry juice, I was also given a packet of pretzels and chocolate. Thank you!
A piece of wet tissue was given out to each passenger to freshen up before breakfast was served. There was no option given for the main course.



Breakfast main course: Potato Boat with Chicken
I only started checking out the duty free items offered when we were crossing Malaysian airspace.



After a farewell video was shown, I saw the landing process via the external cameras, just like what I did onboard AY132.

I certainly enjoyed my flight.


Final approach!


The last commercial flight of Boeing 727 was Iran Aseman Airlines' in mid-January 2019.
We reached Changi Airport safe and sound. As usual, we could retrieve our luggage quickly, thanks to the highly efficient luggage handling system in place.


This post concludes my June 2018 trip. Do look forward to more exciting posts on my December 2018 trip!

Comments

Popular Posts

TWN: Tze-Chiang Limited Express (Puyuma) 218

CAN: Super 8 by Wyndham Niagara Falls

CAN: Toronto Downtown