FIN: Helsinki West Harbour

Tyynenmerenkatu 14, Helsinki, Finland

There's one other country that I covered during my summer trip last June, which was Estonia. My BFF and I decided to have a day trip to Tallinn Old Town. The West Harbour of Helsinki serves passenger ships to Tallinn and St. Petersburg, Russia. It's located in the southwestern part of Helsinginniemi peninsula.


Our journey began by walking all the way to West Harbour Terminal 2 from Hotel Anna after having a filling breakfast.


Clarion Hotel Helsinki is a 4* hotel with a rooftop pool.

Are you interested in a floating sauna experience?

Passengers heading to St. Petersburg should go to Terminal 1, whereas those heading to Tallinn should make their way to Terminal 2 that's further down the road.


Terminal 1 isn't as modern as Terminal 2.

It took us slightly more than half an hour to reach Terminal 2.


I suppse we could've done self check-in, but we went to the counter to do it manually.

Each ticket comes with a unique Wi-Fi code that can only be used for one device.
I was quite surprised that there wasn't any security screening in place.


Perhaps a quick bite there is a bit cheaper than onboard the ferry?

I suppose that's a temporary exhibition showcasing photos of landscapes.
Here's a glimpse of Tallink Megastar that we were going to ride on.



I couldn't contain my excitement to experience a two-hour cruiseferry ride to Tallinn.

Comments

Popular Posts

TWN: Tze-Chiang Limited Express (Puyuma) 218

CAN: Super 8 by Wyndham Niagara Falls

CAN: Niagara Falls