FJI: Fiji Link FJ120 (Economy)

TVU-NAN (1h 25m)
De Havilland Canada DHC-6 Twin Otter
ETD: 8.50am (GMT + 12) 
ETA: 10.15am (GMT + 12)

One of the staff of Aroha Taveuni drove us from the resort to Matei Airport. Along the way, we talked about many different things, from tourism to education. He also politely asked my BFF and me whether we'd like the air-conditioning of the car to be switched off in order for us to enjoy the fresh air from outside.


Upon reaching the airport, we immediately checked-in at the only counter available. There's a small canteen available at the airport, but I didn't really check its offerings.



A poster showing the list of prohibited items. Is the Fijian word 'tabu' related to the English word 'taboo'?
After half an hour of waiting, it was finally time for departure. With a heavy heart, I lugged myself into the aircraft.

I took this picture just before the security officer opened the departure gate, or rather, door.

The aircraft was cleaner compared to the one used for FJ121 three days before.




Thanks for everything, Taveuni!



Somewhere over the rainbow, way up high~
I didn't take lots of pictures, but my BFF did. Here are a few of them. 





I fell asleep halfway through the flight. When I woke up, we were already cruising above Viti Levu.




I actually took a somewhat long video during the final approach and landing, but I can't upload it in full here as Blogger can only accommodate up to 100MB. Anyway, we landed on time at Nadi Domestic Airport.

Thanks for the smooth ride! :)

Unsurprisingly, luggage collection was as swift as light.

Subsequently, we went to the tourism office to get some brochures, as well as ask for help to arrange for a hotel pick-up service.


Our next destination was the one and only hotel at Nadi downtown.

Comments

Popular Posts

CAN: Toronto Downtown

TWN: Tze-Chiang Limited Express (Puyuma) 218

CAN: Super 8 by Wyndham Niagara Falls