FJI: Fiji Link FJ121 (Economy)

NAN-TVU (1h 25m)
De Havilland Canada DHC-6 Twin Otter
ETD: 7.00am (GMT + 12) 
ETA: 8.25am (GMT + 12)

After a good nap at Nadi Airport Transit Hotel, my BFF and I were ready to go to the domestic section of the airport for our flight to Taveuni with Fiji Link. I was so excited as that'd be my very first time flying on a propeller plane, the DHC-6 Twin Otter to be exact.


Instead of taking a cab again, we walked for about 20 minutes to our destination, enjoying the morning breeze along the way. At the check-in counter, I was told that my online booking didn't go through, so the person helped me book the same flight. Thankfully, there were still seats available.

Perhaps the canteen there opens 24/7?


After passing through the security check, I spent some time looking at some of the brochures I previously took upon arrival in Fiji. A few moments later, it was time to board the plane. 





The DHC-6 Twin Otter can carry 19 passengers, all in Economy Class, not including the pilot and the co-pilot. Anyway, it was really cool to be able to see them in action during the flight.




Hey, where's the buckle?
Smile, Melon! Oh, she's always smiling anyway~ :)

See you again soon, Nadi!


Here's a short video I took upon take-off.


I enjoyed the vista that morning, and I hope you'll enjoy the rest of the pictures below. 






The eastern end of the largest island of Viti Levu

The second largest island of Vanua Levu coming to view
Rainbow Reef: one of the top 10 diving and snorkelling spots in the world
I physically dived there, and it was stunning!
The only I complained about was the noise of the engine; too bad I left my earpiece at home. In a blink of an eye, we were already descending.




Welcome to Matei Airport at Taveuni, certainly the smallest airport I've ever been in my entire life.


With a smile pencilled on my face, I told myself that it was gonna be a well-deserved break. I'll write about the resort I stayed at, Aroha Taveuni, in the next post.

Comments

Popular Posts

CAN: Toronto Downtown

TWN: Tze-Chiang Limited Express (Puyuma) 218

CAN: Super 8 by Wyndham Niagara Falls