FJI: Rainbow Reef

Somosomo Strait, Taveuni, Fiji

Before I begin, I'd like to apologise that this particular entry is going to have very few pictures, unlike what we all have seen so far. The Rainbow Reef, situated at the Somosomo Strait between the islands of Vanua Levu and Taveuni, is said to be one of the top ten diving and snorkeling spots in the world. 


I can't provide you with beautiful pictures as I don't possess an underwater camera; what I can offer are a few words about my experience there. I guess I should really invest in one such camera in the near future. Anyway, the pick-up service arrived at Aroha Taveuni at around 7.00am, transporting my BFF and I to where the boat was anchored.

Left: My BFF. Right: Mr Captain.
Just a random sticker pasted on the boat... :P
Lady Luck was on our side as we were able to see the Great White Wall in its full glory. The owner of the resort told us the previous day that there'd only be a few days of the month where the rock wall blanketed with numerous white corals would be adequately illuminated by sunlight. Given that we only spent 3D2N at Taveuni, it was certainly a dream-come-true moment to be able to witness the vast expanse of white corals resembling giant snowflakes. Here's an image reproduced from the Remote Resort website.

Source: http://www.fijiresort.com.fj/dive-rainbow-reef/
Below is another picture that portrays the unparalleled beauty of the Rainbow Reef, reproduced from the Reef Rainforest - Dive & Adventure Travel website.

Source: http://www.reefrainforest.com/scuba_diving_resorts_and_liveaboards/fiji-siren/
Words can never be adequate to capture the wonders of the Rainbow Reef. BTW, we were treated to watermelon slices, marble cake and orange juice as we were resting on the boat. At the end of it, we paid FJD 75.00 (~S$48.90) per person as the boat was approaching the beach in front of Aroha Taveuni. What a truly memorable experience!

Comments

Popular Posts

CAN: Toronto Downtown

CAN: Super 8 by Wyndham Niagara Falls

TWN: Tze-Chiang Limited Express (Puyuma) 218