FJI: Aroha Taveuni

South Coast Road, Waiyevo, Taveuni, Fiji

Having requested for an airport pick-up earlier, my BFF and I met the friendly male owner who drove us to the resort. The moment I stepped into the compound, I fell in love with Aroha Taveuni (3*), a highly rated accommodation in Fiji's third largest island. Featuring a total of only five rooms in two beachfront bures, it certainly is the perfect sanctuary to unwind and forget about all your worries.


The peaceful resort overlooks the picturesque Somosomo Strait, where sunset is a sight to behold every single day. However, do note that the mosquitoes in the island can be quite nasty. I wasn't that lucky though as I didn't manage to catch a sight of dolphins playing in the beautiful clear waters. 

Welcome to the #1 accommodation in Taveuni as rated online by people across the globe! 




If only I could enjoy such a sight everyday~
Let's take a look at the living space. BTW, there are only reading lights in the bedroom, so it gets pretty dark in the evening. Wi-Fi service is available free of charge, but the signal isn't strong.


The pantry is fully equipped with all the utensils, as well as instant chocolate drink, coffee and tea.


What's your favourite place in Fiji? I must say Taveuni is stunning!


Fancy showering under the night sky full of shimmering stars?
The owner's property has a swimming pool that guests can use to cool down in the hot afternoon while watching the coconut trees swaying in the breeze.



Besides that, the resort houses its own restaurant called Kai Time. A simple continental breakfast is included in the accommodation price.



I happened to be there on one of the Sundays, so I had the opportunity to enjoy the signature Sunday roast. For a review of some of the food I had, click here to hop on to my food blog.


The meat for the week was pork with its crispy crackling! 
Coconut meringue pie, anyone?
The two last pictures featured in this review were taken on the last day of my stay. My heart really felt so heavy, knowing that I'd bid goodbye to Taveuni soon and may not have the chance to return in the future.

Good morning! I was wishing that morning wouldn't come though...
My stay has been wonderful, thanks to these ladies too!
I didn't manage to take a picture with the owner and his husband as they'd left for the capital city of Suva. From the bottom of my heart, I thank everyone for the warm hospitality rendered during my short stay at the resort. I'm already missing all of you. :)

Comments

Popular Posts

CAN: Toronto Downtown

TWN: Tze-Chiang Limited Express (Puyuma) 218

CAN: Super 8 by Wyndham Niagara Falls