FJI: Fiji Airways FJ361 (Business)

NAN-SIN (9h 55m)
Airbus 330-200
ETD: 11.00pm (GMT + 12) 
ETA: 4.55am (GMT + 8)

Have you ever felt excited and sad at the same time? Well, I actually did. After a week of fun and savouring Fijian hospitality, I felt reluctant to leave the country. However, I also couldn't wait to step into the Business Class cabin of Fiji Airways and enjoy the long-haul flight ahead.


Melon seemed to be enjoying herself in the cover picture, eh? Anyway, it was quite a distance from the entrance of the gate to the aeroplane.



The Business Class seat has a 60" pitch and it can lie flat, well, almost. I've read a review online, saying that the slight angle from being perfectly horizontal made it difficult to fall asleep. My BFF and I could sleep for a few hours with no problem at all though.




I don't know why, but I really love this picture. Hehe...
Sleepy me~



Nothing interesting to see through the window next to me...
Let's take a look at some of the items available, including the amenity kit given.



Since then, I've never drunk Fiji water anymore... :(
No branded items as expected, but certainly adequate.
Hot towel and welcome drink were distributed as passengers were streaming into the plane.





Welcome drink: Signature Serve Cocktail
Soon enough, we took off from Nadi International Airport. Till next time, Fiji!

The blue ambient lighting was soothingly relaxing.

I had a good laugh watching Tom and Jerry Kids! :P
The flight attendant then took our order for dinner. Each of us was also given a breakfast card to indicate our choices.


The booklet says "light menu", but the late dinner was certainly not light at all.

There were hits and misses in the quality of the food offered. Read here for more details.



Dinner main course #1: Slow Braised Beef Short Ribs with Tamarind Jus
Dinner main course #2: Grilled Marinated Chicken Breast with Tomato Cardamom Jus

I like the design of the mug! <3
There wasn't any decorations in the lavatory.


These items were the ones that made the lavatory different from that in the Economy Class cabin.


I had about four hours of uninterrupted sleep, thanks to the noise-cancelling headphones. 

I took this particular picture right after coming out of the lavatory, as you may have already guessed.

Yadra Vinaka (lit. Good Morning)! Approximately 90 minutes before landing, breakfast was served.



Breakfast main course #1:
Cheese Omelette, Chicken Sausage, Marquis Potato, Creamed Spinach and Ratatouille
Breakfast main course #2: Hot Cakes with Berry Coulis

Once I saw a familiar view, I started to feel glad that I'd be home safely very soon.



The plane was parked next to Thai Airways.
After a smooth landing and immigration clearance via one of the auto-gates, we waited for quite some time for our luggage to appear on the conveyor belt.

Visually appealing detailed artwork!
I've never been into the ArtScience Museum till date...

This blog post wraps up my Fiji trip. Do look forward to another destination in the next few posts to come!

Comments

Popular Posts

CAN: Toronto Downtown

TWN: Tze-Chiang Limited Express (Puyuma) 218

CAN: Super 8 by Wyndham Niagara Falls