SKR: Seogwipo City Downtown

Jeju Island, South Korea

Instead of staying at Jeju City first, my BFF and I went straight to Seogwipo City by taxing the airport limousine bus. The 62 km journey from the airport to Seogwipo KAL Hotel took about an hour and a half, costing ₩7,000 (~S$6.15) per person.


We felt comfortable inside the clean, air-conditioned bus. Along the way, we saw Hallasan and Yakcheonsa.


Hallasan is the highest mountain in South Korea.
Yakcheonsa is the largest Buddhist temple in the East.
I fell asleep for a short while after passing by the temple. Soon enough, we reached the quiet and peaceful Seogwipo City.





One can see restaurants offering pork everywhere in Jeju Island.
I saw many different kinds of flowers there. Here are some pictures of them.




I don't know the species, but I love the blue colour of those flowers~ <3
If you're interested in traditional markets, do drop by Maeil Olle Market. Unforunately, we only chanced upon it the evening, where most shops were already closed.



Arang Joeul Food Street is a stretch of restaurants with a wide variety of dishes to choose from. We dined at 땡기는날 after a long day of sightseeing.



What could be better than watching my most favourite sport on TV over dinner?
Free flow banchan (Korean small side dishes), of course!


Death by yummy caramelisation! :P
On another occasion, we also had hearty samgyetang (Korean ginseng chicken soup) from Dongeon Restaurant (동언식당) around the area.


Game enough to try dog meat?
I miss those yummy black beans~

As I'm still recovering from my illness at the moment, I really need a good dose of that~
We stayed at Goodstay Feliz Telcon Hotel, which is what I'm going to write in the next post.

Comments

Popular Posts

CAN: Toronto Downtown

CAN: Super 8 by Wyndham Niagara Falls

TWN: Tze-Chiang Limited Express (Puyuma) 218