LAO: Luang Prabang Night Market

Sisavangvong Road, Luang Prabang, Laos
Daily: 5.00pm - 11.00pm

When the weather permits, a section of Sisavangvong Road in Luang Prabang, Laos, is cordoned off from vehicles starting from late afternoon for vendors to set up their stalls and arrange their merchandise for the visitors of the night market. It was so fun that I dropped by at all the three nights that I had in Luang Prabang.



Coming from the northeastern end, I saw quite a few crepe and beverage stalls.

Fruit juice with local whiskey, anyone?

Local style crepe in the  making!

I shall let these pictures do the talking. There are many interesting, well-crafted goods sold at the night market. 


Buy some of these books to fund for the education of local kids~

Would anyone like to buy one of those for me? :P



Those packets of tea with some nice paintings do make good souvenirs!



That Westerner was trying to bargain so hard on some of those bottles filled with snake wine.
Towards the southwestern end is food galore, starting with this particular bakery that sells all sorts of delicious-looking buns and pastries.




You can find those coconut cakes in many Southeast Asian countries.
Fancy some buffalo sausages?


I could hardly decipher some of the cooked items.

I swear by the freshness and the taste of the grilled seafood!

Do drop by my food blog entry to find out a few things that I tried.

Comments

Popular Posts

TWN: Tze-Chiang Limited Express (Puyuma) 218

CAN: Toronto Downtown

CAN: Super 8 by Wyndham Niagara Falls