TWN: Tze-Chiang Limited Express 407

Xincheng - Taipei (3h 2m)
ETD: 9.30am (GMT + 8) 
ETA: 12.32pm (GMT + 8)

Saying goodbye to Taroko wasn't easy, but it had to be done. After filling out stomachs with the free-flow porridge at Li-Wu Hotel, my BFF and I walked all the way from the hotel to Xincheng Station to catch our train that'd depart at 9.30am.


That was a good 3.8 km walk within 45 minutes.

Hey, Doraemon! :D

Eensy weensy lizard~ Okay, nevermind... 

Quite a big beef noodle restaurant~


That's such a random statue of a giraffe situated not too far from Xincheng Station.
We reached the train station about 20 minutes before the estimated departure time of Tze-Chiang Limited Express 407.


The lobby of the station was spotless.

Some kind of glass art depicting the gorge, I guess.

We'd already collected our reserved tickets that cost NT$403.00 (~S$18.10) each from Taipei Main Station on the day we departed from the capital city.



Failed to capture the words on the screen...

Is that particular compartment left there for decorative purposes?

Unlike the Puyuma, the train that we took to return to Taipei would stop at more stations, thus the journey would take longer. We chose that as we wanted to reach the city before 1.00pm.

As you can see, the train is older too.


Taiwan's Formosan black bear mascot always reminds me of Japan's Kumamon.

I made two trips to the lavatory during the 3-hour train ride.



I actually forgot to take a picture of myself in the lavatory. xD
I didn't take a lot of pictures as I let my BFF take the window seat, but he ended up dozing off most of the time. 

Of lush greenery and a bridge~

We finally reached Taipei Main Station on time.


An anti-littering notice in five languages!
It was time to go back to Hotel Relax II to collect our luggage before making our way to the next hotel.

Comments

Popular Posts

CAN: Toronto Downtown

CAN: Super 8 by Wyndham Niagara Falls

TWN: Tze-Chiang Limited Express (Puyuma) 218