BAH: Gulf Air GF31 (Economy)

BAH-TBS (3h 5m)
Airbus 320-214
ETD: 1.30am (GMT + 3) 
ETA: 5.35am (GMT + 4)

I've always loved that feeling of excitement mixed with a bit of apprehension whenever I'm about to visit a new country. Originally planning to explore more of the Middle East, I found out that Gulf Air has just recently started a route from Manama, Bahrain to Tbilisi, Georgia and vice versa. Without thinking twice, I booked the flight to that country in the Caucasus region.


After having a time of relaxation at Dilmun Lounge, my BFF and I walked to the gate where our flight would be departing from.


12:34:56! :P

We were the first ones to board the bus.


The load factor for the flight was slightly less than half.


There were only two cabin crews deployed for the flight.


Our flight departed on 4 December 2017, but the December magazine wasn't available yet. :/

I was glad to see the new In-Flight Entertainment (IFE). Anyway, the boarding process was completed very fast. The safety video was played soon after that.



It was short, but we did have fun. Thank you, Bahrain! :)



Leaving the Kingdom~
The IFE didn't have a lot of movies for the short-haul flight. I decided to watch Smurfs: The Lost Village as I didn't manage to catch it in the cinema.



Are you sure you want to open that 'present'? xD
Read here to find out more on the full-course supper.

Main course #1: Cream Sauce Chicken with Mashed Potatoes
Main course #2: Fish Biryani
The lavatory was clean alright.


I wonder why that bottle of hand soap was up there.

I was trying not to look sleepy. Obviously, I failed... :P
After watching the movie, I managed to take a nap for less than an hour. I spent the rest of the flight looking outside through the window.



Hello, snow!
The aircraft landed smoothly and parked itself next to that of airBaltic, a Latvian low-cost carrier.



We cleared immigration and retrieved our luggage in less than 15 minutes.



You'll see lots of money changers the moment you step out of the baggage reclaim area. Take your time to look around for the best rate.


We took some information leaflets on Tbilisi, Kutaisi and Batumi.
As we were waiting for a bus to town to come, an adamant taxi driver kept pestering us. We ignored him as we weren't in a hurry. I recall him lowering the price to GEL 40.00 (~S$20.80), but we were still going to take the bus that costs 80 times less per person.

Comments

Popular Posts

TWN: Tze-Chiang Limited Express (Puyuma) 218

CAN: Toronto Downtown

CAN: Super 8 by Wyndham Niagara Falls