BEL: Belavia B2 738 (Economy)

BUS-MSQ (3h)
Canada Regional Jet 200
ETD: 5.15am (GMT + 4) 
ETA: 7.15am (GMT + 3)

Belavia Belarusian Airlines is the flag carrier of Belarus, which is headquartered in Minsk, the capital city. Its history dates back to 1933 when the first air terminal was opened in Minsk, but the airline was only officially founded on 5 March 1996 when the local division of Aeroflot was nationalised and consequently renamed to Belavia.


This post is, of course, the continuation of the previous one on Batumi International Airport. From the gate, my BFF and I walked to the aircraft, not forgetting to snap a picture of the Canada Regional Jet 200 in its old livery.



The 50-seater aircraft was about 75% occupied that morning.


The average age of the CRJ fleets at the point of writing is around 15 years old.

The magazine has a few articles written in English.
Once all passengers had taken their seats, a flight attendant offered some mints.


Seeing those Belarusian words geared me up, knowing that I'd finally step into Belarus soon.
As the aircraft has got neither personal nor overhead TVs, the safety demonstration had to be done live.


To be frank, the thing I miss the most about Georgia is the cuisine. That includes the awesome lemonade, of course.



Not long after the seat belt sign had been switched off, the two flight attendants onboard started serving cold breakfast. Visit my food blog to find out more about it by clicking here.



I wish I could get more chocolate bars.
After the meal service, immigration cards were handed out to foreigners. I recall there were only a handful of non-Belarusian passport holders onboard.



As there wasn't anything much to do, I rested my eyes. I didn't fall asleep though. When it was about time to land, the cabin lights were turned off.


Welcome to Minsk! The temperature was -3 degree Celsius when we touched down.

I snapped one photo from the bus with my freezing hands as I forgot to take out my gloves.
The luggage appeared slowly, but we didn't mind that as we were still quite early in the morning.



Getting to the city centre from the airport by public transport isn't difficult. Look for big bus no. 300Э or shuttle bus no. 1400-TK or 1430-TK outside the terminal building.



I'm thankful that my passport grants me a visa-free access to Belarus for five days through Minsk National Airport.

Comments

Popular Posts

CAN: Toronto Downtown

TWN: Tze-Chiang Limited Express (Puyuma) 218

CAN: Super 8 by Wyndham Niagara Falls