GEO: Argo Cable Car

Gogebashvili Street, Batumi, Georgia
Daily: 11.00am - 1.00am

Argo Cable Car is one of the most visited tourist attractions of Batumi that brings you up to the viewing platform at the top of Anuria Mountain. From there, you can marvel at the spectacular view of the region. I found it pretty surprising that the cable car operates all the way till 1.00am everyday.


The lower cable car station is situated not far from Batumi Central Mosque. My BFF and I paid GEL 15.00 (~S$8.10) each for a return trip on the cable car.


Grab a drink before or after the cable car ride, anyone?

As mentioned, do keep your ticket until you're back at sea level.
As we went there during winter, there was no queue at all. Obviously we got a car for ourselves without having to share with anyone else.


I was so glad that the cable car was in operation unlike the one at Rike Park in Tbilisi.


Moving away from the city area~

I thought the ride would end very soon the moment I saw the name of the city in front of a building. That apparently marks about halfway through your ride.



Don't you love the view of snow-capped mountains?

There's an entertainment centre at the viewing platform, comprising eateries and retail shops.


Had I known earlier about the existence of a Georgian restaurant there, I would've planned to dine there.

Including both of us, there were less than fifteen people up there at approximately 250 m above sea level. 


How familiar are you with the history of Georgia?


Sharing with you the one and only photo of me taken at the viewing platform~

I'm not sure how many minutes can you get for GEL 1.00 (~S$0.55)?
There's something about watching the setting sun that calms my mind and soul.



We decided to return to the ground after spending about half an hour adoring the panorama. Pikachu and Melon demanded for a photo.


Lights on!

Each car can accommodate up to eight passengers, making it possible to transport up to a total of 186 individuals every hour.

Comments

Popular Posts

CAN: Toronto Downtown

TWN: Tze-Chiang Limited Express (Puyuma) 218

CAN: Super 8 by Wyndham Niagara Falls