GEO: Batumi Dolphinarium

51 Rustaveli Avenue, Batumi, Georgia
Tue-Sun: 11.00am - 6.00pm

Opened to the public in 1975, Batumi Dolphinarium was the first in the whole of the Soviet Union. The facilities were upgraded in 2011 with new pools and better water filtration and temperature systems for the welfare of the dolphins.


My BFF and I walked to the dolphinarium from Batumi Piazza. As we were there early for the 4.00pm show, we spent some time walking around the tranquil Nurigeli Lake.

I don't know how I lost my handsome photo in front of the lake. :(


6 May Park is the country's oldest park with amusement rides and a small zoo.


Besides hosting the entertaining dolphin show endorsed by many people, the dolphinarium offers swim-with-dolphin experiences and also houses a small aquarium, which we didn't go into.


Is that Poseidon?


We paid GEL 15.00 (~S$8.10) each for the dolphin show.
The dolphinarium can seat up to 700 people at a time.


Despite there being only about 40 guests, they still ran the show.


Smile! :)

At the point of writing, there are eight bottlenose dolphins living in the dolphinarium: Flipper, Kviria, Marco, Maya, Monica, Nini, Tsitsi and Zoro. All of them were revved up for the performance. Let's see how fast can dolphins swim.



Time for some hopping and jumping around!



"When I say jump, you say how high!"

Each of the dolphins could do a hula hoop too.



How about a moment of romance?


*Smooch* all the way! :3

The show lasted for about 20 minutes or so.


I need to learn how to straighten my back like those dolphins and not slouch. :P

Choo-choo train!

Soon it was time for the dolphins to say goodbye. Such adorable sounds!



Here's one last shot before I left.


Seeing dolphins always reminds me of the moment I was kissed by one when I was a young boy. 

Comments

Popular Posts

CAN: Toronto Downtown

TWN: Tze-Chiang Limited Express (Puyuma) 218

CAN: Super 8 by Wyndham Niagara Falls