GEO: Batumi Boulevard

Western Part of Batumi, Georgia

A seaside walkway that's approximately 7 km in length, Batumi Boulevard offers a delightful walking experience with an amazing view of the Black Sea. Conceived by A. I. Smekalov, then the governor of Batumi, the boulevard began to be constructed in 1881.


My BFF and I didn't walk the full length of the boulevard, so I'm not too sure where the boulevard exactly begins. One thing for sure is that Ardagani Lake, which I mentioned in my post on Sky Tower Hotel, lies along the boulevard.


It was drizzling, otherwise I'd love to sit on one of the benches and enjoy the breeze.


Playing hard to get? xD

We didn't cross the bridge to go to the pavilion.

Interested to see those geese in action?


We'd had no idea about the dancing fountain show in the evening until we saw it ourselves.


Dancing to the music~

Anyone knows what tower is that?
We were thankful that the weather was perfect for a walk the following day.


Those trees on the left-hand side look like pineapples, no? :P

All the seaside kiosks are closed in winter.

A serving of love, anyone?
Below are photos of the various things I saw along the way that were taken in chronological order.


Love the gradient of colours~ <3
 

*Muacks*

The self-service bicycle rental service is called Batumvelo.

I think that's a restaurant in the shape of a boat.

Mikheil Saakashvili, former president of Georgia, expressed a desire for the country to become part of the European Union in 2011.
After approximately 45 minutes of a leisurely stroll from Ardagani Lake, we reached the northern end of the boulevard. I made another attempt of a panorama shot. Click on it and enjoy the view.


Hello, snow-capped mountains!

Thumbs up for the view! :)

Can love be bought?
There's a building called the Alphabetic Tower in Batumi, which features the 33 letters used in the local language on two helix bands.

Apparently, the Alphabetic Tower has remained forsaken since its completion in December 2011.


I love Batumi!

I was praying hard that the Ferris wheel would be in operation, unlike the one at Mtatsminda Park in Tbilisi. To my excitement, my prayer was answered. Each of us paid GEL 3.00 (~S$1.60) for one round of exhilaration.


The modern-looking statues are operated by machinery and thus can move.

Up and up we went!


What a view! :3


Feeling satisfied, we started walking to town to grab lunch.

Am I right to say that Batumi is the most modern city in the whole of Georgia?

Chacha Tower is the name of the ornate clock tower.

In the evening, we chanced upon Batumi Summer Theatre that holds performances every summer by dance troupes and the likes from all over the world.


The theatre was built in 1949.

I didn't know the heart would glow.
The person tasked with the fruition of the governor's idea was Ressler, a famous Prussian gardener and landscape architect. Unfortunately, he passed away two years after the project began. The project was then taken to completion by a French architect by the name of Michael D'Alfons.

Comments

Popular Posts

CAN: Toronto Downtown

TWN: Tze-Chiang Limited Express (Puyuma) 218

CAN: Super 8 by Wyndham Niagara Falls