CAM: Siem Reap Downtown

Siem Reap, Cambodia

I didn't really take a lot of pictures of the downtown area of Siem Reap (lit. Siam Defeated), but basically it's always busy with a lot of vehicles passing by. The once quaint village has developed into the largest boom town in the whole of Cambodia, where the local lifestyle and modern amenities coexist pretty well.


A lot of flags line up the National Highway 6 leading to the downtown area.



To me, Angkor Shopping Centre looks like a hotel from the outside.
Here are some pictures taken in the evening.

Just another food stall near Treasure Oasis Hotel~

Quite a huge restaurant, but not that many patrons...

Here's Lucky Mall. Honestly, I almost wanted to type Lucky Plaza instead.


Have you heard of 'happy' pizza? It's basically pizza topped with weed, if you know what I mean. I didn't try, of course, but I passed by quite a few eateries that presumably sell the pizza on my way to the Pub Street.


Here are the eateries that I tried in town:
- Café Indochine (Cambodian)
- Khmer Kitchen (Cambodian)
- The Sugar Palm (Cambodian)
Lucky Burger (Western)

Comments

Popular Posts

CAN: Toronto Downtown

TWN: Tze-Chiang Limited Express (Puyuma) 218

CAN: Super 8 by Wyndham Niagara Falls