VIE: Vietnam Airlines VN661 (Business)

HAN-SIN (3h 20m)
Airbus 321-200
ETD: 10.30am (GMT + 7) 
ETA: 2.50pm (GMT + 8)

When I flew with Vietnam Airlines three years ago, it was still a 3 Star Airline as rated by Skytrax. Today, the flag carrier of Vietnam has been certified as a 4 Star Airline, receiving the award on 12 July 2016. It continues to "strive to become one of the most favourable carriers in the Asia-Pacific region".


VN661 was supposed to depart from Noi Bai International Airport at 10.30am, but it was delayed for 15 minutes.



VietJet Air, Cargolux and Cathay Pacific

My BFF and I were the first two people to enter the aircraft.


Those who are sharp enough should realise that this picture was actually taken above the air.

Did you know the definition of lumbar? It's the lower part of our back.

A slightly crumpled Sunday Times...

After we were seated, we were offered a glass of welcome drink, as well as a hot towel each. I went for orange juice, while my BFF chose apple juice. 


Wow, an old school gameboy! :P
We departed soon after the safety video had ended.


Thank you for everything, Hanoi!

Prior to lunch, I had a packet of roasted mixed nuts and a glass of apple juice.



My BFF and I selected a different main course each for lunch. Read here for more details of what we had that afternoon.


Main course #1: Seafood Pasta with Snap Peas
Main course #2: Beef and Steamed Vegetables with Rice

You may have guessed that the next pictures to come are those of the lavatory.



There wasn't anything else but a bottle of hand soap.
To my surprise, I managed to catch a nap until we started descending. When I woke up, the flight attendant offered me a glass of mineral water to hydrate myself.

Can you see the boundary between the sky and the sea?

The landing was a bit rough.

I shall visit Ho Chi Minh City next time, especially since I've got a good friend who lives there, as well as Da Nang.

Comments

Popular Posts

TWN: Tze-Chiang Limited Express (Puyuma) 218

CAN: Toronto Downtown

CAN: Super 8 by Wyndham Niagara Falls