SIN: Silk Air MI347 (Economy)

PEN-SIN (1h 25m)
Boeing 737-800
ETD: 12.15pm (GMT + 8) 
ETA: 1.40pm (GMT + 8)

As we all know, the COVID-19 pandemic has severely crippled the global airline industry. I wonder how's the progress of the Silk Air fleet upgrading before the full-service regional wing of Singapore Airlines is merged into the parent company in the future. Would that short hop from Penang, Malaysia to Singapore be my last Silk Air flight?

Prior to the pandemic, Silk Air flew to 35 destinations in 14 countries.



At the point of writing, Silk Air has got 17 Boeing 737-800 aircraft.
Each of its Boeing 737-800 aircraft is equipped with 12 Business Class seats and 150 Economy Class seats.

I suppose paying the full price for the Business Class seat isn't really worth it.


For slightly more details, do refer to my previous post on Silk Air MI354.



That's a Cathay Dragon aircraft in its old Dragonair livery.



I believe that's Jerejak Island, a 10-minute ferry ride away from Penang Island Jetty.

If you haven't, head to my food blog to see what I've got to say about the snacks offered during the flight.

Snacks: Tuna Sandwich and Fruits
The flight ended in a blink of an eye.

Don't you think the cloud formation looks like a sphinx with its mouth open?


I have to say that I miss going to Malaysia.

Comments

Popular Posts

TWN: Tze-Chiang Limited Express (Puyuma) 218

CAN: Super 8 by Wyndham Niagara Falls

CAN: Niagara Falls