JPN: Japan Airlines JL36 (Business)

SIN-HND (6h 30m)
Boeing 777-200
ETD: 10.25pm (GMT + 8)
ETA: 5.55am (GMT + 9)

Even though I've been to Japan a couple of times, last year saw me flying with Japan Airlines, the flag carrier of the Land of the Rising Sun, for the first time in my life. Having its headquarter in Shinagawa, Tokyo, the airline was founded in 1951, but it was only two years later that it became the national airline of Japan.

Once we were done lazing around inside British Airways Lounge, we made our way to Gate D36 for the flight JL36. Coincidence much?



Prior to that flight, I wonder when was the last time I flew with a Boeing 777-200 aircraft.
There are 42 flat bed seats in the Business Class cabin, which may look pretty crammed at first glance, but I felt comfortable once I was seated.


At the point of writing, JAL Sky Suite III with its 1-2-1 Reverse Herringbone seating configuration
is the latest Business Class product offered by the airline.


"Mirror, mirror on the wall, who's the fairest of them all?"


Let's take a look at what I could find on the seat.


Have you been to Wakayama located to the southwest of Osaka? I have yet to go there.

The airline provides SONY noise-cancelling headphones.
In 2018, JAL announced a plan to revamp its Business and First Class meal offerings, which eventually took place on 1 March 2019, just two weeks before we flew with the airline. BEDD stands for Bed, Dining, Delicious and Dream. Anyway, I filled in a card to indicate my choice for breakfast, which was then collected by one of the flight attendants who also asked what'd I like to drink after take-off.


There wasn't any welcome drinks, but I was given a hot towel to freshen up.


After the safety demonstration video was shown, we took to the skies.

Quite old school, no?


I enjoyed the snacks served after take-off. As usual, I've written a food blog post on the inflight food and beverages.

Late night snacks: Seared Tuna Sashimi Sicilian Style & Rolled Chicken and Egg Noodle

While savouring the snacks, I watched Bumblebee.


I went to the lavatory before trying to get some shut-eye.


I tried the packet mouthwash, which was pretty sweet and could be mintier.

Of course, bidet is a must-have.

Though probably not for long, I did fall asleep. As I requested to be woken up for breakfast, the flight attendant did so by tapping on my shoulder gently. She then came back with a hot towel.


Breakfast was presented beautifully.

Japanese main course: Grilled Seasoned Ocean Perch
Western main course: Egg Soufflé with Gruyère Cheese

I spent the rest of the time exploring the In-Flight Entertainment (IFE) called MAGIC-VI on the 17" personal screen.


I still love Doraemon until now.
 

That's the Old Public Hall of Hakodate in Hokkaido.

Not that I want to, but basically the photo below shows that I can't really see my neighbour's face across the aisle.


I filled in the disembarkation and customs declaration cards before touching down at Haneda International Airport.


Thank you for the ride!



I really couldn't wait to search for early-blooming sakura (lit. cherry blossom) in town.
Did I really get to see sakura? Do look forward to the next posts!

Comments

Popular Posts

TWN: Tze-Chiang Limited Express (Puyuma) 218

CAN: Super 8 by Wyndham Niagara Falls

CAN: Niagara Falls