SIN: Silk Air MI354 (Economy)

SIN-PEN (1h 25m)
Boeing 737-800
ETD: 7.00pm (GMT + 8) 
ETA: 8.25pm (GMT + 8)

From today onwards, I shall write a short series of my family trip, which actually didn't happen recently, to Penang, Malaysia when my siblings were all back in Singapore during their university holiday. Together with my BFF and his mother, we flew with Silk Air, the full-service regional wing of Singapore Airlines, in the Economy Class.

We'd be flying off from Changi Airport Terminal 2, doing self-service check-in and bag drop.



Singapore Airlines owns the 10,000th Airbus aircraft.
As my mother would rather have a seat, we went to the gate early.



Did you know that Silk Air was formerly called Tradewinds?
The Boeing 737-800 aircraft was only 4 years old when we flew in it.

The seats still looked crisp and were clean.


I actually wanted to plug in my earphones, but I forgot to bring them with me.
 

Let's take a look at the contents of the seat pocket.


Before the cabin lights were dimmed in preparation for take-off, the flight attendants offered newspapers and wet wipes.



It was probably the wettest wet wipe I've ever used.
As the aircraft isn't equipped with personal In-Flight Entertainment (IFE), the safety demonstration video was shown via the overhead screens.



I always enjoy the process of taking off. Do you?


Till date, I've flown in Singapore Airlines' Airbus 350-900 aircraft twice.

We took to the skies at 7.15pm.
The simple snacks were basically our dinner as we had a late lunch that day. I've written a quick review in my food blog.


Snacks: Tuna Sandwich and Fruits
I spent the rest of the time catching up on life with my siblings. Before we knew it, it was time to land on the island of Penang.



Hello, Scoot!
The luggage appeared bit by bit on the belt slowly.



We went straight to our hotel of choice after leaving the airport.

Comments

Popular Posts

TWN: Tze-Chiang Limited Express (Puyuma) 218

CAN: Super 8 by Wyndham Niagara Falls

CAN: Niagara Falls