MAS: Kimberley Hotel George Town

36 Jalan Sungai Ujong, Penang, Malaysia

Housed in a preserved 4-storey pre-war building, Kimberley Hotel George Town (3*) is strategically located in the historical core of the capital city of Penang, which has been inscribed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site. It has got a total of 116 rooms, some of which can accommodate up to four guests.

From the airport, my group took Bus 401 and dropped off near Komtar Bus Terminal, which isn't far from the hotel.



The one-way journey costs RM 2.70 (~S$0.90) per adult.
The hotel is located at Jalan Sungai Ujong with Kimberley Street Food Night Market and 3D Glow In The Dark Museum down the street.



We reached the hotel just before 10.30pm.



The lobby area is small, but it's pretty tastefully done.



I wonder if that's supposed to be an Internet corner, but there are no computers there.
Both my family and my BFF's were assigned to rooms on the second floor.


I wonder if they've ever turned on that ceiling fan.

My family stayed in the Raffles Family Suite, which is 30.5 square metres big. There are a king bed and two single beds inside the suite.


Ctrl, Alt and... Where's Del?


I can count with the fingers of one hand the number of times I do ironing in a hotel room.

There's a balcony facing Jalan Sungai Ujong.



The bathroom is pretty spacious.



Breakfast is served daily from 7.00am to 11.00am at the hotel's café .

The café is called Auction Rooms.


Such a lovely dining area, isn't it?

I've written about the buffet breakfast in my food blog.


Don't forget your vegetables and fruits for a balanced diet!

Are you more of a coffee or a tea person? I'm the former.
The website states that exclusive auction is held at the restaurant once a month. That's interesting.

Comments

Popular Posts

TWN: Tze-Chiang Limited Express (Puyuma) 218

CAN: Super 8 by Wyndham Niagara Falls

CAN: Niagara Falls