UAE: Etihad Airways EY642 (Economy)

NBO-AUH (5h 15m)
Airbus 320-200
ETD: 2.10pm (GMT + 3) 
ETA: 8.25pm (GMT + 4)

In a blink of an eye, my very first adventure in Africa had come to an end. My BFF and I'd be flying out of Nairobi, Kenya to Abu Dhabi, the UAE with Etihad Airways. Founded in 2003 with a fleet size of more than 110, it's the second largest airline in the UAE after Emirates.


At the point of writing, Etihad Airways is the only airline serving the Nairobi-Abu Dhabi route and vice versa.


We walked past the Business Class cabin of Airbus 320-200 that has 16 seats.


We were seated somewhere in the front half the Economy Class cabin. As soon as I was seated, I noticed a calming, somewhat mystical music being played, which apparently is Etihad Airways' boarding music. Listen to it on YouTube.

Seating configuration: 3-3


I put my backpack under the seat in front of me most of the time.


2018 was the Year of Zayed - 100 years since the birth of the late founding father of the UAE.

After watching the safety demonstration video, I saw the take-off process via the landing gear camera equipped at the bottom of the aircraft.



I'll see you next time, Nairobi!
Any recommendations on which part of Kenya should I visit?



Etihad Airways' In-Flight Entertainment (IFE) is called E-Box. The first show that I watched while waiting for the meal to be served was John Torode's Asia.


During his stay in China, he tried a dumpling filled with soup.
Proceed to my food blog for an in-depth review of the food and beverages served onboard.


Dinner main course #1: Middle Eastern Lamb with Rice
Dinner main course #2: Braised Chicken with Potatoes

At last, I had the chance watch Christopher Robin. Winnie the Pooh has always been one of my favourite fictional characters since young. I feel that the one in the movie is too furry though.


Do you prefer sunrise or sunset? For me, it's the latter.


As per standard procedure, the cabin lights were dimmed in preparation for landing. Somehow, I felt that it was done way too early during the flight.



City of lights~ No, I'm not referring to Paris, France.


The new livery reflects "the varying hues of the landscape of the UAE".
Following a fast and smooth immigration process, we waited for 10 minutes for our luggage to be delivered to the belt.



Did you know that Etihad Airways flew the world's first commercial flight using sustainable locally produced biofuel for one of its Boeing 787-9 from Abu Dhabi to Amsterdam, the Netherlands in January 2019?

Comments

Popular Posts

TWN: Tze-Chiang Limited Express (Puyuma) 218

CAN: Super 8 by Wyndham Niagara Falls

CAN: Toronto Downtown