TRY: Hotellino

3 Nobethane Street, Istanbul, Turkey

Does anyone remember about my rather unpleasant experience at Gulhane Park Hotel? Last December, I decided to stay in the same area again due to its prime location. Hotellino (4*) was my choice, which is actually located directly next to Gulhane Park Hotel.


To reach the hotel, my BFF, my sister and I took a train ride from Istanbul Ataturk Airport to Sirkeci Marmaray station.



Just like Gulhane Park Hotel, Hotellino is a boutique hotel that's certainly not 4* according to international standards. Nevertheless, I'm impressed by the amiable service rendered by the hotel staff throughout my stay. We were served by a very pleasant and jovial man at the check-in counter.



The ambience at the lobby area is laid-back.


A game of chess, anyone? I wonder when was the last time I played that.

I wonder if those items are for sale.
The hotel is served by one elevator.



My BFF and I were assigned to a room on the third floor.

The bed isn't big, but comfortable.


The Nescafé coffee sachets are imported from Indonesia.

As usual, I also did a quick scan of the bathroom.

I love the aroma of the shampoo provided.


As of December 2018, the construction nearby was still ongoing. There didn't seem to be much progress from what I saw back in December 2017.


Compared to that served at Gulhane Park Hotel, the buffet breakfast prepared by Hotellino was more palatable. Read about the latter here.

As the breakfast area is rather small, it's better to go down as early as possible.


I like honeycombs. Do you?

The price for a night's stay at Hotellino is comparable to that at Gulhane Park Hotel. I believe I've already made it clear which one to go for.

Comments

Popular Posts

TWN: Tze-Chiang Limited Express (Puyuma) 218

CAN: Super 8 by Wyndham Niagara Falls

CAN: Toronto Downtown