UAE: Oryx Hotel

Zayed the First Street, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates

Managed by Danat Hotels and Resorts Group, Oryx Hotel (4*) is strategically located near Corniche Beach. Opened in 2006, the hotel provides a total of 122 spacious guest rooms. Qasr al-Hosn, the oldest stone building in Abu Dhabi, is just 2 km away from the hotel.


My BFF and I took one of the official airport taxis from Abu Dhabi International Airport to go to the hotel. I forgot to take note of the cost, but I recall it was around AED 88.00 (~S$32.60) for the 25-minute journey.


Honestly speaking, I kept looking at the meter that went up pretty fast.

Our check-in was handled by a friendly and professional Filipino lady.



If not for the Christmas decoration, I'd imagine the lobby area to be rather plain in appearance.


A simple nativity scene with Santa Claus and a snowman!

We were glad to be assigned to a room on a high floor - 11th floor to be exact.



Welcome to the room with a floor area of 36 square metres.

The beds are comfortably firm, but the pillows are a tad too soft for my liking.


The Nescafé packets are imported from Indonesia.

The bathroom is lovely.



There's a separate bidet next to the toilet bowl.
Despite putting up the newspaper delivery card on the door knob, we didn't receive anything throughout our stay there.


Here's a photo of some UAE dirhams that I carried with me.


Good night, world!


Next to the restaurant on the topmost floor is a swimming pool. The hotel is also equipped with a gym, but I forgot to check it out.



Christmas decoration found its way to the restaurant too, where we had breakfast with a view. 



Have you checked out my review of the buffet breakfast?

Do you like Middle Eastern breakfast?

The falcon is eyeing on the bread every morning.

Below are two photos of the amazing view from our room at dawn.



Take note that there's tourism fee of AED 10.00 (~S$3.70) per room per night payable directly at the hotel, which has been reduced from AED 15.00 (~S$5.55) previously in a bid to boost tourism.

Comments

Popular Posts

TWN: Tze-Chiang Limited Express (Puyuma) 218

CAN: Super 8 by Wyndham Niagara Falls

CAN: Toronto Downtown