UAE: Etihad Airways EY97 (Economy)

AUH-IST (5h 20m)
Airbus 330-200
ETD: 9.30am (GMT + 4) 
ETA: 1.50pm (GMT + 3)

Today's post is on yet another flight with Etihad Airways. EY97 brought my BFF and me from Abu Dhabi, the UAE to Istanbul, Turkey for a reunion with my sister who's currently studying at Marmara University. Till date, I've gone to the city that was formely Constantinople three times.


Boarding commenced at 8.35am.


Somehow, the airport assigned only one bus that made a few rounds to bring passengers to the aircraft.

Our ride with the old livery~
From the looks of it, the flight seemed to have been fully booked.

The first row seats with extra legroom are marked as reserved.


I certainly didn't need any of the extra legroom seats.


I noted from the a la carte menu that a Sweet Treat Snack Box costs US$6.00 (~S$8.25).

Following the safety demonstration video, we took off at around 10.15am.


We had an experience with the more modern version of E-Box, the airline's In-Flight Entertainment (IFE), compared to that onboard EY642.



Another animation film? No, I decided to watch Crazy Rich Asians. I have to say that the mahjong scene is indeed impactful and rich in symbolism.



I was certainly looking forward to lunch. The review can be found in my food blog.


Lunch main course #1: Chicken Biryani
Lunch main course #2: Vegetarian Fusilli

The cabin was slightly dimmed when the meal service was over.


Let's check out the lavatory.

Do you bother to wipe off the wash basin as a courtesy to the next lavatory user?

How did I look that day?

To kill time, I played a classic arcade game: Pac-Man. Subsequently, I watched one of the episodes of Secret Lives of the Super Rich, and I could only dream on.



We were finally flying into Turkish airspace.



We touched down safely at Istanbul Ataturk Airport for the very last time. As usual, the queue at the immigration checkpoint was really long. When we got to the baggage reclaim area, we still had to wait for 5 minutes or so to retrieve our luggage.


The history of Turkish Airlines goes back to 1933.

Hello again, dearest sister!


We then took the metro to go to town.

Comments

Popular Posts

TWN: Tze-Chiang Limited Express (Puyuma) 218

CAN: Super 8 by Wyndham Niagara Falls

CAN: Niagara Falls