UAE: UAE Heritage Village (Part 2)

Al Alam Street, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Sat-Thu: 9.00am - 4.00pm
Fri: 3.30pm - 9.00pm

Welcome to Part 2 of UAE Heritage Village, which is a reconstruction of a traditional desert village that you can visit for free. Do take a look at the Part 1 should you miss it. As previously mentioned, I shall post some photos of more workshops and the two museums available there.


You can see adept craftsmen in action.


Ladies, do you fancy any of those bags?


Seeing glassware always reminds me of my students who keep breaking stuff in the Chemistry lab.


I was sold when I witnessed such vibrant colours all around the room.
In front of one of the museums is a cannon brought from Qasr al-Hosn.



Below are photos of some of the objects displayed inside the museum. There are many more to see.


I wonder how will I look in that traditional costume.


Imagine wearing those accessories from the days of yore in public now.


I'm not too sure if those are fossilised animals or merely models.


Examining those writings from the past~


Those are old bank notes of some Middle Eastern countries.


The other museum, which is smaller in size, showcases some of the prized belongings of a prominent figure that goes by the name Salem bin Ibrahim Al Saman.


Do look forward to a post on Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque.

My BFF and I had the museum to ourselves.

In other words, the past, the present and the future are inextricably linked.
Which of the following is your favourite artifact?


Anyone does archery? It's a sport that I've always wanted to try my hands at.


The three wise monkeys!


Some descriptions are written in Arabic only.


How well do you know about gemstones?

Asked to choose my most favourite attraction of UAE Heritage Village, I'd go for the desert area, which is featured in Part 1.

Comments

Popular Posts

TWN: Tze-Chiang Limited Express (Puyuma) 218

CAN: Super 8 by Wyndham Niagara Falls

CAN: Niagara Falls