CHN: Splendid China (Part 1)

Shennan Avenue, Shenzhen, Guangdong, China
Daily: 9.00am - 9.00pm

Window of the World brings the world to us, but have you noticed that there's nothing about China there? Anything and everything about the mainland can be found at Splendid China, another theme park in the Overseas Chinese Town of Shenzhen that was opened in 1989. For a first timer in China, I certainly had a good introduction of what the country has got to offer.


---

---

Splendid China is a short walk from Window of the World metro station.


Take a look at a photo of my younger self before I hit the age of 25.

Just like Window of the World, the entrance fee is CNY220.00 (~S$45.40) per adult and half of that per child between 1.2 and 1.5 m in height at the point of writing.



I'm not well-versed about China, especially since I've only been there once, so I probably can't say a lot. Nevertheless, do enjoy the photos that I took at the cultural village area.



In Imperial China, the emperor usually used the dragon as a symbol of his imperial strength.


I wonder how long did they take to be able to achieve such a balance.


I believe the photos below show a recreation of the Liwan district of Guangzhou.

There are quite a number of famous restaurants in the actual district.


There are performances at different parts of the theme park. Some of them depict events in the Chinese history.



The theme park covers an area of 30 hectares.


I think you're allowed to go inside if you can squeeze yourself.


This photo exudes serenity, doesn't it?


Green peafowl of Southeast Asia and blue peafowl of the Indian subcontinent


Melon, my little octopus, feels challenges as she only has eight arms... I mean tentacles.
Would you like to live in this house?

That reminds me of my one of my late grandfathers' house.


Who's into such a fashion?


It's said that roughly 600 Chinese characters are pictograms.


I've always wanted to go to Tibet.



Mani heaps are a form of prayer in Tibetan Buddhism.


Would you like to try living in a Tibetan nomad tent?


The different colours in Tibetan art and its rituals hold specific meanings.

There's a man-made lake.


Lovey dovey?

If I'm not mistaken, the photos below show a recreation of Reed Flute Cave in Guilin.

The cave is open from 9.00am to 5.30pm.

That looks like a big bunch of bananas, no?

Is the following a replica of a karst formation?

Karst is a topography formed from the dissolution of soluble rocks, such as limestone and dolomite.


Do enjoy the rest of the photos in this entry.

That looks like a giant pawn chess piece.


Is that supposed to be a lion statue?


Now I'm craving for a pumpkin pie.


I wasn't expecting to see a sheep at all.


Water dance?


I think you can ride on a horse for a fee.


China needs to stop oppressing the Uyghurs.


As I took way too many photos that day, I've decided to split the post into two parts. Stay tuned for Part 2, which shall cover the miniature park section!

Comments

Popular Posts

TWN: Tze-Chiang Limited Express (Puyuma) 218

CAN: Super 8 by Wyndham Niagara Falls

CAN: Niagara Falls