CHN: Window of the World

Shennan Avenue, Shenzhen, Guangdong, China
Daily: 9.00am - 10.30pm

Fancy seeing the world through miniatures of highly recognisable landmarks? Opened in 1993, Window of the World in the Overseas Chinese Town section of Shenzhen is a theme park that provides us with such an experience. There's indeed charm in the miniatures squeezed into 48 hectares. It's a small world after all, isn't it?


---

---

The Window of the World metro station is a stone's throw away from the entrance.

I miss visiting the Louvre, which is the world's largest art museum located in Paris, France.


Melon was happy to meet a friend of hers.


I can't remember how much I paid to enter the theme park. At the point of writing, the entrance fee is CNY220.00 (~S$45.40) per adult and half of that per child between 1.2 and 1.5 m in height.


I didn't manage to explore the whole premise, partly because some parts weren't adequately illuminated at night. I also couldn't capture nice photos as I didn't have a powerful camera, so I'd certainly love to go back someday.


Elephants are considered to be sacred in Hinduism.


Look at all the different items held in the hands.

Let's start with Asia.


Temple of the Emerald Buddha in Bangkok, Thailand

Borobudur Temple in Central Java, Indonesia

Gyeongbok Palace in northern Seoul, South Korea

Angkor Wat in Siem Reap, Cambodia


Japan is one of the countries I love the most. What about you?

Shirasagi Castle in Himeji


Itsukushima Shrine in Hiroshima and Mount Fuji in Yamanashi


Here are the last few photos that I've got for the Asian section. Alas, I didn't manage to spot the Merlion, our Singaporean mythical creature.

Taj Mahal in Agra, India


Can anyone guess what landmark is that?

We shall now fly to Europe. Some of the photos show not just one, but two landmarks.


How many of you're aware that the tilt of the Leaning Tower of Pisa in Italy is 3.97 degrees?

Pardon me if I'm wrong, but is that Cologne Cathedral in Germany?

The Palace of Versailles in France reminds me of the good times I had with my university friends when we went for the 3-week European Immersion Programme in 2011.

I can't believe it's been more than two years since the April 2019 fire at Notre-Dame de Paris in France. 

"London Bridge is falling down, falling down, falling down~"

Frankly speaking, I don't see why Paris, the capital city of France, is a romantic city.

The actual distance between Eiffel Tower and Arc de Triomphe is about 2 km.


I've got a story to tell. I didn't realise until much later that Melon fell out of my backpack as something was wrong with the zipper. Upon realising that she was gone, I quickly went to retrace my steps in a panic mode. It certainly didn't help that many places weren't well-lit as mentioned earlier. Thankfully, I managed to find her at Piazza San Marco, the principal public square of Venice, Italy. I decided to carry her in my arms till I went back to Mellow Orange Hotel.



St Mark's Basilica is said to be one of the best known examples of Italo-Byzantine architecture.
At this juncture, I just want to say that I miss going to the Middle East.


I believe that's Malwiya Mosque in Samarra, Iraq.


What's a dinosaur doing there? It's not Jurassic Park.


Given that I've been to quite a few places off the beaten path, many of my friends find it amusing that I haven't been to Australia at the point of writing.

Harbour Bridge and Opera House in Sydney

Welcome to the USA!


The original United States Capitol, without the dome, was completed in 1800.


Dedicated in 1922, the Lincoln Memorial was built in to honour the 16th President of the USA.


Did you know that the full name of the statue is Liberty Enlightening the World?
I've always wanted to explore more of South America. At the point of writing, I've only been to Suriname and Guyana.

Spot Christ the Redeemer of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil in this photo.



Say hello to our two new jaguar tamers!

You can find one of the Disney Princesses there.

Where are the rest of the dwarves?


Ice skating at the Alps, anyone?


Are you thinking of 101 Dalmatians like me?

Did you know that figure skating was the first winter sport to be included in the Olympic Games in 1908?

In total, there are approximately 130 replicas of some of the most famous tourist attractions in the theme park.

Comments

Popular Posts

TWN: Tze-Chiang Limited Express (Puyuma) 218

CAN: Super 8 by Wyndham Niagara Falls

CAN: Niagara Falls