CHN: Mellow Orange Hotel

68 Fanshen Road, Shenzhen, Guangdong, China

After looking back at the trip to Okinawa, Japan that happened in December 2015 before the inception of my travel blog, it's time to do another throwback to an even earlier trip in 2012. That was my very first trip to China from Hong Kong, covering just a little bit of Shenzhen and Guangzhou. My BFFs and I stayed at Mellow Orange Hotel (3*) for a night in Shenzhen.


---

---

First things first, please bear with the low quality photos as I didn't have a quality digital camera back then. Also, I shall mention about the border crossing experience in one of the later posts. To reach the hotel, we took the metro to Bao'an Centre station.

Many of the token machines accept only CNY 5.00 (~S$1.00) or CNY 10.00 (~S$2.05) notes as of 2015.

Shenzhen studied Singapore's MRT system, hence the resemblance with ours.

The hotel is walkable from Bao'an Centre metro station. Even though we reached there in the afternoon, I only took photos of the exterior at night.



Apparently, I didn't take a photo of the reception counter.



We probably stayed at the fourth floor of the 6-storey hotel.



The room where we stayed at is small, but I remember that we had quite a comfortable stay nonetheless.

You can put your luggage along the mini corridor in the room.


Melon was only a year old back then.


Here are a few photos of the nondescript bathroom.



Soap and shampoo are provided in a dispenser.
Did you ask for the view from the room?



I've done a quick review of the buffet breakfast in my food blog.

I found that some of the biscuits in the basket had passed the expiry date.

Steamed sweet potatoes, anyone?

Nope, no fresh oranges seen!

There's another branch of the hotel located at the bustling Dongmen Pedestrian Street in Shenzhen, as well as one in Changsha.

Comments

Popular Posts

TWN: Tze-Chiang Limited Express (Puyuma) 218

CAN: Super 8 by Wyndham Niagara Falls

CAN: Toronto Downtown