MAS: Kiau Gap View @ Kinabalu Park

Kinabalu Park, Ranau, Malaysia

To end off the series of posts on Kinabalu Park, I'm going to write about Kiau Gap View to commemorate the victims of the 2015 Sabah earthquake. My BFF and I visited the monument on 9 June this year, just a few days more than two years since the earthquake of magnitude 6.0 struck the region on 5 June 2015.


After a good lunch at Liwagu Restaurant, we started our ascent to Kiau Gap View.


So pretty~ <3

Such an interesting worm!

As usual, I always like to take pictures of distance posts whenever I go trekking. Anyway, some parts of the walk are quite steep and can be tiring.


I only know those are not dandelions. What are they?

Wow, purple mushrooms!

I recall seeing two gazebos along the way for people to rest.

Getting misty~


Such an ambience always reminds me of Silent Hill. :P

The monument, which was unveiled one year after the incident, is made of a brass plaque etched with the names of the eighteen people who perished. It's mounted on a slab of granite from a boulder that chipped off from the top of the mountain.


No panorama to be seen due to the mist...

RIP... :'(
As previously mentioned, that's reason enough for my mom and dear back home to forbid me from attempting to climb up to the summit. Though I've never asked, I don't think my BFF would want to do it either. Stay safe, everyone.

Comments

Popular Posts

CAN: Toronto Downtown

CAN: Super 8 by Wyndham Niagara Falls

TWN: Tze-Chiang Limited Express (Puyuma) 218