BRN: Royal Brunei Airlines BI822 & BI683 (Business)

[BI822]
BKI-BWN (40m)
Airbus 320
ETD: 8.50am (GMT + 8) 
ETA: 9.30am (GMT + 8)

As mentioned previously, I'm going to combine the trip report onboard BI822 from Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia to Bandar Seri Begawan, Brunei, as well as BI683 to Manila, the Philippines into a single post. That was my second time being airborne for around 20 minutes only. Still, that's not the shortest commercial flight in the world.


As a quick recap, my BFF and I had a simple breakfast Plaza Premium Lounge at Kota Kinabalu International Airport prior to the flight. My BFF and I were very lucky to be served by two very friendly flight attendants, who would also be flying to Manila.



The two of us were the only passengers in the Business Class cabin.


Old, but working fine!


As soon as we were seated, each of us were given a hot towel and a drink of choice. Mango juice was my choice, while my BFF opted for orange juice.



The Islamic journey prayer and the safety demonstration video were subsequently played one after another.



I didn't take many pictures for the flight, but here you go.


See you again, Kota Kinabalu!

That must be Mount Kinabalu.

Does that look like a stingray to you? :P
I only noticed the presence of an old personal TV screen on the seat just before the preparation for landing was made.

Bad quality...

Brunei, I'm back! Only for a short while though...
[BI683]
BWN-MNL (2h 10m)
Airbus 320
ETD: 12.00pm (GMT + 8) 
ETA: 2.10pm (GMT + 8)

At Brunei International Airport, we had brunch at its Sky Lounge. Our next flight used exactly the same aircraft and was served by the same set of flight attendants as mentioned above.



The same SOP was seen during and after the boarding process. On the flight to Manila, a blanket and a pillow were seen on each seat in the Business Class cabin. A hot towel was also given, but I didn't take another picture of it.


Knowing that I can speak Malay, the flight attendant said, "Oh, rupanya nak ke Manila!" (lit. "Oh, so you're going to Manila!") when she saw me again onboard.


My BFF stuck to orange juice for the welcome drink, while I opted for apple juice.
We departed from Brunei International Airport on time.



Source of entertainment: iPad and earphone


I wouldn't mind learning Arabic! :)

Prior to lunch, there was a beverage service. I opted for teh tarik (lit. pulled tea) to go with some wafers.


Read here for more details on the food and drinks served onboard.


Main course #1: Kheng Massaman Beef
Main course #2: Halibut Piccata with Lemon Butter Sauce
A quick inspection of the lavatory had to be done, of course.



Checking if I can still see my V-shape... HAHA! xD
Little did I know that each of us would be handed another piece of hot towel to freshen up prior to landing. 


The decision to go to Manila again after 5 years was a spontaneous one.


Welcome to the megalopolis of Manila!

I might've mentioned this before, but I've never flown with Japan Airlines till date.
We landed safely at Ninoy Aquino International Airport Terminal 1. The luggage came out quite slowly.



For the uninitiated, the Philippines held the 30th ASEAN summit on 28-29 April 2017, and is going to hold the 31st on 13-14 November 2017.
From the bottom of my heart, I'd really like to extend my gratitude to the two amiable flight attendants for the service rendered. :)

Comments

Popular Posts

CAN: Toronto Downtown

CAN: Super 8 by Wyndham Niagara Falls

TWN: Tze-Chiang Limited Express (Puyuma) 218